So you start

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by zDrakon, Jun 2, 2015.

1. So SYS SSD Servers are out of stock or something? I can't seem to find them on their website anymore, one of my developer friends told me SSD servers are highly more valued due to faster data storage, cpu, etc. So are they out of stock and if so does anyone know when it will be back in stock?

2. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

They sell out often, you just have to wait it out and "get lucky".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, you just have to proactively click the refresh button until you you get one! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. no no i went to their dedicated servers page. They entirely removed the SSD section.... they have essentials and ram+ and cpu+ wheres SSD?

5. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

It's under the essentials.

http://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/

The SSD servers are still there.

6. Sorry! That stinks! Beast Node has great SSD VPS's! Here's my referral link. http://beastnode.com

** Referral link removed **

#6 WilsonXJones, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. I can only afford the $42 one XD...

#7 zDrakon, Jun 2, 2015
  8. RSNET-Radic

Supporter

He seems to be looking for a dedicated server.

#8 RSNET-Radic, Jun 2, 2015
  9. WizardPulse

Benefactor

I myself use SYS and the dedicated server I wanted was out of stock but I was able to request one and I was alerted when they were in stock. I had to wait max 2 days.

10. Mind sharing how you request? XD I am a total noob but I would like to get the server when my staff and I finish finalizing all the renovations and ideas for developing the server into a professional server XD.

11. WizardPulse

Benefactor

I had just sent them off an email to their support and within 2 days I got a reply back and I was able to quickly purchase the dedicated server I required. I'll try to find you a direct link to request one instead of emailing them.

12. Thanks ill probably use it within middle of summer.

13. WizardPulse

Benefactor

Considering SYS is a 3rd party website and they get their boxes from OVH you could just try contacting OVH. Because SYS wait for OVH to get the stock in.

14. They sell cheaper on SYS. Especially dedi servers.

15. That's not even remotely close to being true, It's a branch of OVH that specialize in smaller, cheaper servers.

To quote OVH directly:
    - OVH, So you Start and Kimsufi, the dedicated server ranges of the OVH group are undergoing major changes.

--OVH for savvy professionals
    --So you Start for startups and small businesses
    --Kimsufi for discovering and testing out the dedicated environment

Source : https://www.ovh.co.uk/news/a1360.servers-ovh-sys-ks

16. WizardPulse

Benefactor

I was just going off what I was told from someone who works for SYS. :)

17. Fair enough, then maybe there's a little more going on behind the scenes than I thought. Personally though I wouldn't considering a sister company, or at least one launched by OVH a 3rd party, reselling their parent companies product.