[SOLVED] build fail due to 'package net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1 does not exist'

Discussion in 'Programming' started by RuthlessJailer, Jan 30, 2020.

1. EDIT:
    Solution: Build BuildTools and it should add a Maven repo to your computer, then add this to pom.xml:
    Code (Text):
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.spigotmc</groupId>
        <artifactId>spigot</artifactId>
        <version>1.15.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    (remove -api from spigot-api)

I have this project for a few weeks now and yesterday, it spontaneously stopped working. This has happened to me before and making a new project and copying over the classes worked, and I even tried that this time, but to no avail. I have built craftbukkit buildtools, but the same thing happens.

My IDE shows no errors, except for the build failure (I used a theme plugin for those who wonder =P):
    ide.png

Here are my libraries:
    info.png

#1 RuthlessJailer, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  2. Are you building your project with maven or with your IDE integrated builder?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Don't just use RMS directly, you might need to have some wrapper to handle reflections... xD

4. I'm pretty sure I'm using Maven. I don't know of any other ways to build it.

What do you mean by RMS? I'm using public methods, so do I really need it?

Thanks for your responses!

5. Use reflections can support multiple versions and build without Minecraft dependency directly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Then the problem is that "spigot-1.15.2" is not a part of your maven project. Could you send me your pom.xml?

7. Code (Text):

<dependency>
                <groupId>org.spigotmc</groupId>
                <artifactId>spigot-api</artifactId>
                <version>1.15.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

Full POM:
    https://pastebin.com/atBvNAbV

Thanks, I'll consider that!

#8 RuthlessJailer, Feb 2, 2020
  8. Change "spigot-api" to "spigot". You will need to run BuildTools for 1.15.2 on your machine before building your plugin!

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Thank you so much! This resolved my issue!

EDIT: Do I change the title to SOLVED ... or do I just close the thread and it will automatically?

#10 RuthlessJailer, Feb 2, 2020
  10. Just add the label SOLVED to the thread ;) and no need to close it, future users may need help with this ^^

• Agree Agree x 1