[SOLVED] Bungee error!!!

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by zDrakon, Jun 21, 2015.

1. http://pastebin.com/cBj78mjy

Someone help?

Note: I changed the actual dedicated server NUMERICAL IP to localhost. So yes it should work, but its not working and that error is coming up... I know that the localhost should not work but for security reasons I rather not distribute my server's ip in case of hacking or DDOS attack.

config:
    groups:
    zDrakon:
    - admin
    Genocidal:
    - admin
    ruler103:
    - admin
    disabled_commands:
    - disabledcommandhere
    player_limit: 200
    stats: 1968648e-935a-4267-b15d-ec3ea308a490
    permissions:
    default:
    - bungeecord.command.server
    - bungeecord.command.list
    admin:
    - bungeecord.command.alert
    - bungeecord.command.end
    - bungeecord.command.ip
    - bungeecord.command.reload
    listeners:
    max_players: 200
    fallback_server: Hub
    host: 'localhost:25565'
    bind_local_address: true
    ping_passthrough: false
    tab_list: GLOBAL_PING
    default_server: Hub
    forced_hosts:
    pvp.md-5.net: pvp
    tab_size: 60
    force_default_server: true
    motd: '&5&lDrakon&e&lCraft &bNetwork \n &cFactions &fCreative &dKitPvP &eBending'
    query_enabled: false
    query_port: 25577
    timeout: 30000
    connection_throttle: 4000
    servers:
    Hub:
    address: 'localhost:25565'
    restricted: false
    motd: '&5&lDrakon&e&lCraft &bNetwork \n &cFactions &fCreative &dKitPvP &eBending'
    Factions:
    address: 'localhost:25569'
    Creative:
    address: 'localhost:25566'
    Bending:
    address: 'localhost:25567'
    KitPvP:
    address: 'localhost:25568'
    ip_forward: false
    online_mode: true

#1 zDrakon, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. bump please. I need help x)

3. I looked at your config file and got it working in my test environment. I'm not really sure what was wrong with it to begin with, as copying the tokens into the same ordering as a default file fixed the issue. I'm not entirely familiar with the config loading subroutines of BungeeCord, so I can't give an answer as to why it didn't work, only that my edits seem to fix it. You'll want to change the various IPs back to thier original values if you try this file.

Edited config: http://hastebin.com/nuparazowe.tex

P.S. It is generally not acceptable to bump your own thread more than once per day. Please remember that people who provide help do so in thier free time.

4. Lol okay sorry, i was just desperate to get it to work. But thank you so much. A new problem now, I can't seem to get my hub and bungeecord servers to work together. It keeps saying exception could not connect to default or fallback server. The ips are correct but the ips in the server.props of the hub server and the bungeecord server are different. Server.prop is 127.0.0.1 and the other is the actual ip.

5. Ah the loopback interface is a fun thing to deal with. You effectively have to treat loopback as though it represents a special class of addresses, none of which can talk to each other but all are on the same computer. This has to do with some rather advanced networking concepts, but in short to make your servers work like that, you'll want to make sure that you put the same IP in both places.

I typically bind spigot servers to 127.0.1.1, which means in my bungeecord config I have a corresponding block pointing to 127.0.1.1.

If you get stuck, I can dig out some example config files that show a correctly setup system.

6. wait it can point to 127.0.0.1 with no problems? Instead of the server ip? because currently we have it set to the actual ip.