[Solved] Essentials Book.txt - Adding pages/new lines

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Diamond_Cat, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Hello. Using the Essentials book.txt, how do you add a new line, or a new page? As is, everything is run together. So far, all of the other threads I've found have had either no solution, or use "\n" or "&f." to create a blank line. Neither worked. Is there a way, other than adding a bunch of spaces, to create a new page?

Thank you to anyone with suggestions.

2. In your books.txt make sure you place &f. on its own line (no quotation marks). This will make a new line.

3. That's what I did. It showed up as

".
    The text I wanted"

in white. The &f changed the text to white, and the . just stayed there. I didn't use the quotes, and it was on its own line. Thank you for the reply, though.

4. Essentials books don't like blank lines for some reason. This is what I have in mine:
    Code (Text):
    &a&lDOs
    &f.
    &l&r - &r&aBe respectful
    &l&r - &r&aHelp others
    &l&r - &r&aCooperate w/ staff
    &l&r - &r&aUse GriefPrevention
    &f.
    &8(Use /rules for more)
    &f.
    &f.
    &f.
    &f.
    &f.
    &c&lDON'Ts
    &f.
    &l&r - &r&cSteal beyond the &f......&r&ccrater
    &l&r - &r&cUse X-ray
    &l&r - &r&cUse hacks
    &l&r - &r&cSwear
    &l&r - &r&cSpam
    &l&r - &r&cTalk of drugs/sex
    &f.
    &8(Use /rules for more)
    &f.
    &f.

5. Sorry for the late response. Thank you for the help, though a better explanation would have been nice. It took a bit to realize that the point of "&f." was to add a white dot that was barely visible. That explains why all of my other text was showing up as white. I had taken it to mean that the "&f." was a sort of code for a blank line. My bad.

6. create newline for txt file
    just do
    just simple
    Code (Text):

&rHello
    &r<spacebar>
    &rHello

#6 IT_CHI, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4