[SOLVED] Exceptions don't show line numbers!

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by GODofCRAFTERS, May 19, 2015.

1. I have recently had this problem where my exceptions aren't showing line numbers. For example:
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure whether it's this plugin only or other too. Someone suggested that it may have been due to obfuscation, but I haven't used any obfuscation method on this code at all. Please help!

2. Who needs line numbers when we have loggers? Just stash a whole load of debug messages in the onGUIClick method, and see where the debug stops.

3. @DarkSeraphim problem is it's a separate class. I can't do the normal plugin.getLogger().info("it works for duck's sake");

4. pass a plugin reference to the other class (or even better: just the Logger instance) using it's constructor.

5. And I found out why the line numbers weren't being included. There's an Option when you Right click on your Project Folder in Eclipse, select Properties and the Java Compiler called line numbers that needs to be checked to enable them in the debugger. It seems I unchecked it by mistake. Thanks for the help though :D

6. You compiled without debug information