[Solved] Issue with players spawning mobs

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Datatags, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Some people on my server have been spawning mobs after repeatedly been told not to, and I would like to have a way to log all mob spawns. I tried one plugin I believe was called SpawnLogger(?) which quit after updating to 1.9. I tried EntityManager which also quit a little while after 1.9. Is there something else I can use?

2. if you are running a creative server and dont need mobs, it would be easiest to just disable mob spawning in server.properties.

how are they spawning things?

3. It is sort of a creative server. I have a group of players known as "hub builders" and they are free to build in the hub of my server. I would like to be able to give them animals or let them spawn a couple for themselves. Yesterday someone spawned a ton of villagers and lagged the hub down a lot, but they did it with a dispenser so EntityManager didn't catch it. They are spawning things with dispensers.

4. I think the easyest thing you could do would be to use world guard and make the spawn eggs an illegal item so they cannot hold them or get them at all, then simply give your hub builders a seperate perissions group if they dont have one already who have access to them

5. I didn't know you could do that with WorldGuard, how do you do that?

6. Awesome, thanks!