[SOLVED] OVH IPv4 Failover Help

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by SuddenOrgasm, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Hello,

I ordered a dedicated server from OVH about 1 week ago. I have set up Multicraft successfuly and I am very satisfied with the machine overall.

Anyways, I used to be with Data Shack and it came with 5 IPv4's which I had set up using Webmin Virtual Interfaces. When I attempted to use my extra IPv4's that I ordered from OVH that I had set up in the same way it said it failed to bind to the port when I attempted to start the server. The IPv4 is working but it seems to be connecting itself back into the main IPv4. So what I mean by this is that I have one IP (a.a.a.a) which is the main IP that came with the dedicated server that I am running a Minecraft server on and then I have another IP (b.b.b.b) which has been set up using Webmin. When I try to start a server on b.b.b.b it cannot bind to the address. I attempted to connect to b.b.b.b in Minecraft and it brought me over to the a.a.a.a server.

How can I fix this? I would be very grateful if someone could help and I wouldn't mind sending over a few bucks in donations via PayPal.

2. Hi everyone,

It turns out I had set up the additional IPv4's correctly. The thing that was preventing them from working was there was a server running on 0.0.0.0:25565 in the control panel which means it was using all availible IP addresses.

Hope this helps someone else if they have this problem!

• Funny Funny x 1