[Solved] VPS Host?

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by Diamond_King099, May 23, 2016.

1. I'm thinking about getting a VPS to host a small Bungee Network for testing plugins and such. I previously used BeastNode for MC server hosting, and will probably go with them for my VPS as well. However, I was looking around a bit and saw the prices and specs for OVH's VPS SSD 1 package.

They advertise 2 GB of ram and 10GB SSD storage for $3.49 a month.
    BeastNode advertises 512MB of RAM and 25GB SSD storage for $5 a month.

I know there are other factors to consider other than just RAM and storage, but that 2GB of RAM looks a lot better than 512MB...

Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Going with OVH is always better than going with a minecraft host. Most of these hosts BUY off of companies like OVH and then resell parts of it for profit..

If you're going for a bungee i'd suggest atleast 8 gig which is also available with OVH.

tl;dr: Go with OVH SSD 1 I've purchased it before (4 gig package) and had no complaints whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You should go with OVH, but with OVH, you need id.
    How about these they are quite cheap: http://www.omgserv.com/en/hosting/vps/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Went with OVH. Currently working on getting it setup.

I need ID? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to the fact that they require your name, address, etc. when signing up?

5. 4chan

Supporter

Should you need any help, feel free to drop me a PM.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought the VPS 2 and paid for it, then recieved this email from OVH:
    (header goes here)
    Dear Customer,

We have received your payment related to the order number REMOVED received by paypal and we would like to thank you for choosing OVH services.

For your security, we would like to check the information that you have provided especially the identity of the billing contact.

Therefore, we would be grateful if you could send us the following documents as soon as possible in order to validate your order:

For an individual account:
    - a proof of address such as bank statement, utility bill dated in the last 3 months showing the company name
    - a copy of ID (passport, driving licence, birth certificate)

(their LONG signature goes here)

7. Strange... I haven't received an email like that from them (not yet at least). If they do send me one, I'll just cancel my order and go get a VPS elsewhere... It's ridiculous that they would send someone an email asking them to send stuff like that...

8. You only have to do it once, it's for fraud checks to ensure you can't order from a country with a lower VAT rate than the one you are currently in. If you order from the UK you do not need to do this.

9. I'm from the UK. I must have entered something wrong or been on the wrong site :/

10. Really? Any purchases I've made have never been put through validation. Did you definitely order off .co.uk?

11. Vagdedes

Supporter

I am in OVH for a good amount of time. It seems they don't have really good DDoS protection Like one my friends has a 128 GB, 10 GBPS connection and someone actually managed to drop the connection for 17 seconds once.

12. MikeA

MikeA Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Maybe turn on perm mitigation and configure the network firewall accordingly to block attacks.

13. Vagdedes

Supporter

Well, I am not very good when it comes on Linux configuration. I worked with firewall once when I was getting ddosed. I blocked all the ports except 25565 and 22 SSH. Anyway, I have to get my vps server ddosed like 2,5 months now so I think I am ok now