Someone can crash my server.

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by AndyDoo, Jun 9, 2018.

1. If you have any info about this crash https://pastebin.com/WXCFkFYc please let me know ASAP. A user was able to crash both factions and prison without executing any commands. The player sent me a Telegram messenger username, presumably to try to sell me a fix for the crash.

Here's the entire log for factions after "CiaoAmigo" joined: https://pastebin.com/09cAPRM4

2. "Spigot version: git-PaperSpigot-fe4c7c8-d27e6d0 (MC: 1.8.7)"
    nice.

Update your Spigot and I believe we can't provide any support for PaperSpigot.

3. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Some people do provide support for PaperSpigot :p
    and yea, update your spigot version there's a very high chance this was fixed in newer versions

4. More like, we can't provide any support to servers using 4 year old versions of a software.

This seems like the classic book exploit, which, by the way, has been fixed for ages. That's what you get for using 4 year old software.
    You can use this plugin to patch it, but seriously, you should be freaking updating. If you're gonna run 4 year old piece of software, you should be well prepared to face issues like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Eh, some do but what do you expect, personally i won't support anything below 1.13 when it comes out

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Some people indeed do, but I myself am not going to spend time helping someone fix an issue which is literally fixed in a newer version of the exact same piece of software.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

agreed, which is why i'm only supporting 1.13+ in all future plugins, however of course, at some point i will drop 1.13 support, the only exception really would be my ServerBuilder which supports every version (seriously, it has waaaay older versions than 1.7) *shrug*

• Like Like x 1