1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Something freezing my server

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Vengeanceonall, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Okay , so , what happens is, every 10 minutes or so, server completely freezes on 10 seconds. My client also sometimes completely freezes while the server is, so I think it has to do with some items spawned on the server. Can anyone help me?
    Plugins list: AntiCheat, CreativeControl, CoreProtect, Essentials, Factions, PermissionsEx, BadPotion, Jobs, Lwc, McftPvP, Multiverse, xAuth, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Vault, RealGameMode

2. Your server must not be strong enough to uphold all the traffic, or it's Coreprotect doing evil things :p

Try out LogBlock, or hawkeye. If that doesn't fix your problem, jump off that machine and update!

3. CoreProtect is great though.

4. Oh it's good, i use it a lot for my server. It's just a bit sloppy is all

5. Puremin0rez

Wish it used MySQL and the /lookup tool was defaulted (like logblock and hawkeye) - It logged things like waterflow and item frames really good.

Using Hawkeye Reloaded right now, since bob7l fixed time rollbacks everything smooth sailing for me now :)

6. I've got CoreProtect hooked up on MySQL, i7 3.4ghz processor and 32GB Ram.

7. #7 Vengeanceonall, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  8. GET OFF THAT HOST.. When i first started my server I thought i was being smart by buying a server like that.. It's actually very low performance and the support is very slow. I recommend a VPS server, or dedicated. Of course, when buying a VPS, you need to be careful!

9. Sorted out my server freeze problem. Removed QuickShop.

Btw, are the specs that I listed, AMD Athlon 64 6000+ X2 with 8GB Ram good and will they be able to support 150 people.

I'm gonna buy it from Hetzner, it's a dedicated server.

10. I would never allow AMD on my server machine, just poorly engineered. Also, 8gb ram with 150 players is crazy.

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Agree with the host and Amd part, however 8gb at 140 players is actually reasonwble with a view distance of around 5. I know andrewkm only uses 8/32gb at 200 players

12. So, any reccomendations on the processor? The only options I have is AMD and i7.

Thanks for all the help!

13. md_5

Administrator Developer

i7