SoYouStart Dedicated Servers?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Scotty, May 26, 2015.

1. What is the best server 32Gb server I can get on SoYouStart? I don't really know what is best for a minecraft server, so any help is appreciated! :D

2. I'd recommend the SAT-3 or SSD-3 depending on how much space you need.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. It really depends what you will be doing on that minecraft server. The SSD servers dont really add any benifits as HDD's load servers fine.

4. HDD are fine for Minecraft, and they are cheaper!

5. On the 16th may I bought the SSD-3. It takes forever to get it in stock, but it was worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. use either the e3-sat-2 or e3-ssd-2 after that the performance will drop because of hyperthreading.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Whats wrong with an SSD?

8. On sys it doesen't realy matter if its a hdd or a ssd

9. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

Nothing is "wrong," but it's more money and something that isn't required. If you can, get it. That's all there is to it.

10. Any benefit in getting an ssd4 over an ssd3?

11. Just the hardware raid card, which won't offer any real benefit with SSDs. It's a considerable option if you're running on HDDs and have a specific demand for it, but you really won't need it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. just get one of the two i said take your pick they will perform the best. just ssd or hdd.

#12 killerall5385, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  13. GeorgeHousley123

Supporter

SSD3 3 x 120 GB SSD
    SSD4 3 x 300 GB SSD

14. I Have Owned my 2 SoYouStart [OVH] Servers for about 6 months , i have 1 32gb dedi running Ubuntu 14.10 for multicraft
    and the other 32gb dedi running centos 6.6 , if you are new to setting up servers i would recommend using Centos if u wanted to use
    multicraft , if anyone needs help setting there dedi server up , let me know ill be happy to help :D