Premium Spartan AntiCheat

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by Vagdedes, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Vagdedes

Supporter

In order to fix your issues without causing any serious bypasses, I had to use a non-configuration sub-feature of the Cloud feature to make permanent changes. I also avoided doing anything from the config, either via the Cloud or by yourself with my advice to make sure Spartan will work as expected in any server you load it, and in case the configuration resets it wouldn't affect its performance. That's all for now.

2. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

While the cloud changes fixed our issues on most servers connected to SQL, our 1.12.2 server not using SQL is still causing rubberbanding for the user in the above video.

Were these changes pushed towards a specific IP address or were they pushed towards my user ID?

PS: Even with file logs disabled we experience yet another settings.yml and checks.yml clearing issue, likely during the /spartan reloads you had us do.

3. Vagdedes

Supporter

The cloud changes are directed to your user ID. Some servers may have not received the changes due to the configuration reset issue. When an option doesn't exist, it's essentially treated as false, referring to the cloud feature.

Once I recover from my surgery and get back to schedule where I can test & debug, I will fix your issues, I hope you understand.

EDIT:
    I have already created a maven repository, so feel free to check the API documentation docs.

#4923 Vagdedes, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  4. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

This option has been true on all servers. I'll have the user test again though.
    As well options not existing does indeed turn off everything (including Anti-Cheat) which has been very stressful having to continously check all files across all servers upon changes/server startups. File logging being false has immensely helped however, so it's something to do with file edits by Spartan, and/or reloads as well.
    Of course, that's fine.
    Wish you a speedy recovery. :)
    Will do so.

5. Vagdedes

Supporter

I have contacted you thru discord as I recently joined your server. I want to share a jar of Spartan that contains many corrections and then listen to your feedback. The version has been tested, and this is a common practice I do with customers to help validate corrections. I will be waiting for your reply to send it to you.

6. Vagdedes

Supporter

Vagdedes updated Spartan Anti Cheat | Advanced Cheat Detection | Hack Blocker | 1.7.2 - 1.17.1 with a new update entry:

Build 429 - Bug Corrections & Improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. "Clip" is crazy.
    Just jump a few times and I will get kicked.

8. Vagdedes

Supporter

You most likely are using an incompatible plugin/feature. Just jumping around won't normally get you detected for Clip. Also, run a Clip developer-report command to properly report this issue.

9. https://pastebin.com/Yq28QpYs

Here you go

10. Vagdedes

Supporter

You did this incorrectly. Please run the following:
    /spartan developer-report Clip

11. https://pastebin.com/NM55G6G8

I hope this is right then

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Trojan

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Vagdedes

Supporter

Is this a joke I didn't understand?

14. What you do not understand is that Antivirus programs are mostly clueless when it comes to jar files.
    Even for .exe files, 3 of 40 detections does not mean the file is definitely infected.

Also the detection is just talking about "suspicious", means nothing specific was detected.

Additionally SpigotMC premium plugins are checked by the SpigotMC staff and they have a lot more experience in such stuff.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Vagdedes

Supporter

Vagdedes updated Spartan Anti Cheat | Advanced Cheat Detection | Hack Blocker | 1.7.2 - 1.17.1 with a new update entry:

Build 430 - New KillAura Detection

17. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

Paper 1.17.1 - Build #326
    Spartan Build - #430

Players are reporting a lot of problems with opening chests and placing signs on containers.

Player's opening container issue video:

Spartan Notifications 1 opening container issue video:

Player's sign on container placement issue video:

Spartan Notifications 1 sign on container placement issue video:

I attempted a developer report, but it failed stating GhostHand should be disabled.
    Is there anyway to fix these ghost hand issues, or will we be forced to disable the check completely?

18. Vagdedes

Supporter

You will have to disable the check or its interact detection at least via checks.yml. This is a protection check, it doesn't punish by default and is mostly for minigames, so its extreme behavior is normal.

#4938 Vagdedes, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Vagdedes

Supporter

Build 431 - Cloud Feature Improvements

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vagdedes

Supporter

Build 432 - BoatMove Check Merging into EntityMove Check