Spawn In Firework Blast

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by ReadySetPawn, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Is there a way to spawn in a firework blast without spawning in an actual firework? The method I use now is I spawn in a firework and detonate it 2 ticks later. I'm pretty sure there's a better alternative but I just can't seem to find it.

2. You want the particle of blasting? There is an Effect.FIREWORK_SPARK

If you mean that.

3. A firework spark is the white trail a firework leaves behind.

4. Do you want it to summon a Firework? With Effects?

5. Just scroll through your differant options. If you use eclipse then type effect. then prace ctrl and tab and it will show you a list of all the effects you can do.

6. No, I just want the blast without having to spawn in the firework.

There is no firework blast effect. Even if there was, there'll be no way to customize it.

I'm pretty sure I have to use packets for this.

7. Well even if you use packets, you still kind of have to spawn the firework.

The best you can do is send packets to the client to spawn a firework, then detonate it, then immediately remove it.

The end effect should be identical to just calling detonate() - though I guess there is some weirdness with immediately calling detonate.

The main advantage to using packets is not loading down the server with spawning entities, adding them to the world, then removing them - the server doesn't really care about this, after all, so it's a little leaner to just send packets directly. Shouldn't be *necessary*, though.