Solved Spawn killable fake dummy player

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by NascentNova, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Hi,
    I am wondering if it's possible to spawn a killable dummy player? I'm making a pvp-based minigame recently and thinking that it would be cool if there's a dummy player in waiting room and players could use it to practice combating... :unsure: But I feel that it's not that easy.

The approaches I found in this forum so far are only for spawning fake client-side players, which are non-interactable and would disappear upon reconnecting.

So I wonder if there's a way to create attackable and movable dummy players? Any suggestions is highly appreciated!

2. Have you tried Citizens?

You should be able to create a trait that makes the NPC do whatever you like. The plugin has a useful API and I believe it's rather well documented. There are even a few combat traits out there I believe. I.e the Sentinel is reported to be a Combat NPC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haven't tried that before!
    Thanks for the info. Looking into it right now :)

4. It works like a charm! And there are plenty of parameters you can play around with. Thank you so much for your kind help.

5. try: http://www.javadecompilers.com/

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

6. Uh, thanks, I mean, I am able to decompile the jar but the names of methods and fields are obfuscated.. *mind blown*

7. But I think you can see the codes.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

8. Yes, he can see the codes, but the code, instead of looking like:
    "Player player = event.getPlayer();"
    Looks like:
    "Player 9ar7ev117z9b7tbvexz71c9v8ytn67abvv91 = e9at7b916z7ewzw9t7r8a9r6nny7abtve2xr76r1189we7r9a6t719.getPlayer();"