1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Feature Spawner Limiter

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Mrchasez, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I am not sure how others will feel about this and i haven't looked into it. However i think having somewhere in the config if we could set a limit to how many mobs could be spawned from a spawner at one time would be very beneficial to a lot of servers. There are so so few mobs in so many servers because grinders have so many of them that the server hits limits and they stop spawning. Yeah you may say adding a plugin like ClearLagg would work but thats really not a good solution.

Being able to limit each spawner to say 5 mobs at a time would be so great, then grinders become a lot less dangerous and mob limits wouldn't be hit or would be a lot harder to hit, and wild mobs would start spawning again. And always having the issue to disable this makes it a feature everyone can agree on even if they dont need it. I know me and a few other spigot servers all have mob issues.

There have been plugins in the past that do this but they are all outdated and quite heavy and include more then needed so i believe this would be a good feature.

Thanks.
    md_5 mbaxter

2. Puremin0rez

Could there also possibly be some sort of limit on mobs per CHUNK? People like to breed like CRAZY on my server and all it ever ends with is tps problems and overflow disconnects if they're nearby.

3. You misunderstand. I said I COUNT the entities in the chunk then use those counts to determine if over limit in a wider area.

my event is for the same purpose, but I have the plugin maintaining counts for every chunk for faster lookups on spawn.

w/o any cb mods yo can do on creaturespawn, entity.getLocation().getNearbyEntities(x,x,x); then iterate them and count monsters.

once it reaches Y number, cancel event.

4. That is still basically the same thing and not really what im looking for.

5. so you want to limit how many mobs itll spawn regardless of how many are alive?

I dont see that landing in spigot itself. Thats just overall gameplay behavior change.

You can however use my same event I added, and then on spawner initiate, increment a counter for that location.

if counter >= limit, cancel event.

6. Puremin0rez

Would you be willing to unleash such a plugin to me? That's exactly what I need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. maybe in the future, but right now it depends on our core plugin for shared code..

id have to seperate out the shared bits, and it also depends on residence (and also modifications of residence) so its not a sharable state.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

I use the same plugin, currently on Async Test Build #12 and it works great. I limit spawners to 75 per spawner, and it works well. My players were never to upset about the limit, in fact they'd setup timers to know when their double/triple/quad spawners are filled.

9. I set my limit to 30 per mob because we need natural mobs in the world for leveling MCMMO skills.

10. No no no! Nevermind. The plugin that was linked works really good.
    It is quite simple.