Spawning Players on their own Sky Island

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Daeshan, May 16, 2016.

1. So I want to create a plugin much like the sky block one where players can spawn in and be on their own skyblock. What I want to do exactly is have a preset build that will spawn when a player does /sky or something. How do I get it so a preset build is spawned 10 20 chunks away from other players skyblock, when the player does /sky. Please do not link me a skyblock plugin that does this, I am looking to create something a little different.

2. Well, I hate to say it, but no one is going to code it for you. What do you have so far?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Get a list of already created islands and their positions and from that get a new location 10 / 20 chunks away.

4. You'll have to store all the islands when you create them and then move over by a specific amount of blocks (probably handle this as a "rows" concept so once you've done like 100 or whatever go to the next "row")

As for spawning the island you could either create the island in code, setting each block relative to the "spawn" of the island. Or you could look into something like the WorldEdit API for loading a schematic from a file.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Not someone to code it but an idea of how to get where I need to