Specific Player getting kick from server (java.io.IOException)

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Omadas, May 9, 2017.

1. Client reinstalled minecraft, and ran both Openjdk implementation of java 8 (from /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java) and openJDK (from /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/jre/bin/java). The server was ran in debug w/o plugins to get this output:
    [03:07:53 WARN]: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:446)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:881)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:225)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:119)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:511)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:116)
    [03:07:53 WARN]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

This may be related to an error on the server's start up:
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll1880227970607014564.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
    It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

A search for anything in /tmp does not turn up anything, /tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll1880227970607014564.so does not exist, so i cannot fix a library that doesn't exist. The server has been rebuilt a few times and buildtools redownloaded with no success at fixing this error or the client's disconnects. Any help on either of these would be appreciated. Server is running git-spigot-3fb9445-2b6c9f4 (MC: 1.11.2) (API version 1.11.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT).

#1 Omadas, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. There is one .so file that appears in /tmp when the server loads, and disappears when the server closes, but it is never the one mentioned in the error. It appears to me that the server may be creating this file and then deleting it. Trying to label /tmp read only or limiting permissions simply prevents the server from loading. I tried creating a section in server.properties that reads use-native-transport=false, but the setting is ignored.

3. Maybe try moving back to 1.10?

4. For one player? Besides, that isn't a solution but a work around.

5. If this is your servers error log, please check your machine is running the latest version of Java 8

6. Server is running java 8 for an ARM Processor: /usr/lib/jvm/jdk-8-oracle-arm32-vfp-hflt

7. Is there an official bug report place?

8. I think this was your computer/system's problem, personally. I mean, the system is trying to buffer something but it's complaining it's unsafe (I may be wrong), which might have led to this problem. I'm running the latest version of Spigot and this does not happen to me.

9. i am running latest spigot too... i wish there was a bug tracker for spigot.