spigot-1.15.2 waiting for connections, but clients can't see or connect to it

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by davidstoll, Feb 11, 2020.

1. I've searched through the forum and followed other people who have posted issues not being able to connect to a server, but have not found one that works for me.

1) I am running on ubuntu 18.04 64bit

2) I have the latest spigot-1.15.2.jar

3) I have not changed the defaults in the server.properties (i.e. the server line is blank, whitelist is false)

4) I know the port forwarding is working because I ran pocketmine on 25565 and I can connect to it (and then of course I stopped it).

5) the server seems to startup just fine and is waiting for connections (java -jar spigot-1.15.2.jar) I have also run it with other options adding more ram and such. All seem to startup fine, waiting for connections.

6) I'm trying to connect using an ipad and Windows version of minecraft and both are kept up to date. It says "Unable to connect to world." and is also not indicating on the server list that it is live, but I try anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Update, I have it running on two local machines. One is running linux and the other on windows. Both are default configurations and are running and waiting to connect. My devices include Ipad, Iphone and a separate windows 10 machine.

I can't connect any of my devices to either spigotmc server.

But I can run pocketmine on either server and everything connects just fine.

3. Spigot isn't made for Windows version though. Only java version.

4. Yes, correct.I only mentioning to show I'm having the same issue on two different machines/operating systems.

Why am I having such trouble?

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

Spigot only works with Minecraft Java Edition, not the iPad / Windows 10 edition of Minecraft.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So, just out of curiosity, other java (.jar) based servers work on Ipad and Windows 10 edition. i.e. pocketmine

Why is that? Or maybe the better question is how can you tell, when they load very similarly?

What are some of the most popular minecraft servers that do run with Ipad and Windows 10 clients?

Thank you so much for your help!

7. We don't know that. This is Java Edition only servers. Do not care about Bedrock edition. A hint for Bedrock users: NukkitX.

8. Windows version isn’t coded in java