Spigot 1.4.7-R1.0-x

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Hey, its that time again, and I am quickly dropping a new recommended build so that you guys have a stable platform whilst we build out next changes.

Promoted Build: 485
    Spigot Changes:
    • Enhanced timings command
    • Inbuilt anti xray
    • Fix for massive lightning storms
    • Half a dozen minor performance boosts
    Bukkit Changes:
    • Entity portalling
    In this next development phase, our primary goal will be the implementation of a new network engine based on Netty. This will be released very soon to our dev builds, we are just waiting for TagApi to become compatible without the use of ProtocolLib (which has already updated).
    This new networking engine is a godsend as it reduces a huge amount of load on the server used for costly IO operations.

Thanks as always for supporting Spigot, we are pleased to announce that approximately 4% of CraftBukkit servers now run Spigot. A big shoutout for MCPC-Plus / Tekkit for choosing Spigot as the platform to build their server / modpack, keep spreading the word!

~Spigot Team

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Thx! But, in my opinion, better to use the plugin orebfuscator and not built by you, because it is not static and creates a stupendous load on the server.

#2 RU.DT-Games, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. W00t I contributed :D (The lighting storm)

OT: Great job guys at spigot! Spigot is a life safer. I can't wait for the next dev builds.

4. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Thanks again! :)

5. Looking forward to 1.4.7. Now we just need to make sure all the plugins are up to date ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks, is it possible to turn the Inbuild Anti Xray off ? :)

7. Yes it is just check the bukkit.yml. And you can also use the standalone version if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Awesome :) Really appreciate these posts.

#8 treestompz, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  9. Great update, thanks, I'm now running this on all 4 of my servers.

However, I enabled Oreobfuscator: true on my Survival world and it really doesn't seem to work. Using Xray, can get to diamonds without any issue at all.

What am I missing?

10. Are you an OP ? I believe they get excluded from xray protection.

11. md_5 Only 4%? There sure are a lot of server owners missing out...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. This a thousand times! Imo it would be better if Spigot was merged with CB. I mean what are the downsides :O ?

13. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I always thought Spigot was a testing bed for CB. :p

14. Awesome! Thanks guys!

How does the built-in Orebfuscator work? Is it lishid's implementation or something else entirely?

No downsides really, it's all political... CB wants to be an API for vanilla Minecraft with as little functional difference as possible, while Spigot has no problem improving things that need to be improved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. PhanaticD

Patron

100% of awesome servers use spigot

• Like Like x 5
  16. No, not Op and using the latest version of Nodus, X-Ray works no problem.

17. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

Works fine for me. You must realize that it doesn't obfuscate 100% of the ore. Only ores that are completely hidden in the ground, so anything that is exposed to air can still be x-rayed. I have used X-Ray on my server as an OP with the most recent builds and the obfuscation hides nearly all the ores.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ah, ok, thanks for the info.

19. I was just told about Spigot yesterday, i'm making the move from CB to Spigot today, can't wait :D It seems awesome.

I have a question though, does the built in anti-xray in Spigot work just as well as the standalone Orebfuscator? Does it use less or more system resources?

I heard some modded clients had added a Orebuscator bypass, has anyone tested this?

Thanks!

20. Um...no...Orebfuscator is much heavier on the server.

The whole point of it being built into Spigot is to allow it to do things that a plugin never could and to work faster. The developer of Orebfuscator is also the same person who put it into Spigot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.