Spigot 1.4.7-R1.0-y (#617)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Recommended Build Info:
    Build Number: 617
    Download Page: http://ci.md-5.net/job/Spigot/617/

Minecraft 1.5 is probably going to hit this Thursday, and we need to be prepared.
    As you are probably well aware, development here at Spigot has been a hive of activity, and we are pleased to announce our second 1.4.7 recommended build.
    There have honestly been so many commits that I can't summarise exactly what changed, however this will be our first recommended build with Netty support integrated!

Additionally in order to ensure 0 downtime for your server when 1.5 hits, we have included a snapshot-protocol option in the configuration. When enabled, this will make your server appear to be a server running the latest Minecraft snapshot build (in this case 1.5). It will not allow any new features to be used, but will be safe and stable from all crashes.
    You may read about configuration options here: http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/802/

All the best, and good luck with 1.5!

~Spigot Team

PS: Join our new TeamSpeak 3 server at talk.spigotmc.org

#1 md_5, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  2. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

Thanks md_5! Great work!

3. Puremin0rez

Great job team!

Looking forward to MC 1.5!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool! Can I send donate for this project ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great job guys! I am happy about netty integration and the snapshot protocol feature!

6. Well great job! I was on IRC when u ppl were talking about "testing 1.5Spigot", looking forward to spigot 1.5, should add feature for /reloadconfig (reloads server.properties). Have fun with this :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. The pace of development that you guys are pulling off is stunning. Truly impressive work!

8. Jigsaw

Supporter

Thanks for all the hard work md_5 and all of the Spigot team. :)

9. I tried #620 (One of those brave souls) and... (puts on glasses) :cool: Mother of God...

Code (Text):
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeFlush0(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1320)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.write0(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1457)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.access$3000(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:41)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext$20.run(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1432)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:260)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:305)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:111)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index: 443, length: 680048 (expected: range(0, 680048))
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.checkIndex(AbstractByteBuf.java:1091)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.buffer.PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.nioBuffer(PooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:283)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at org.spigotmc.netty.CipherCodec.cipher(CipherCodec.java:41)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at org.spigotmc.netty.CipherCodec.encode(CipherCodec.java:26)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToByteCodec$1.encode(ByteToByteCodec.java:64)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToByteEncoder.flush(ByteToByteEncoder.java:62)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.ChannelOutboundByteHandlerAdapter.flush(ChannelOutboundByteHandlerAdapter.java:45)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToByteCodec.flush(ByteToByteCodec.java:98)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeFlush0(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1320)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1294)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokePrevFlush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1288)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.flush(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:1267)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.ChannelHandlerUtil.handleFlush(ChannelHandlerUtil.java:143)
    06:43:25 [SEVERE]    at io.netty.channel.ChannelOutboundMessageHandlerAdapter.flush(ChannelOutboundMessageHandlerAdapter.java:65)

That happend, only times it by 576358972639857435, i think im going to #617 now :D

10. 617 for me works good with Plugins (26): World Portal, MultiWorld, bPermissions, WorldEdit, LastLog, LogBlockQuestioner, LogBlock, LWC, WorldGuard, RemoteToolkitPlugin, dynmap, AuthMe, pvparena, ProtocolLib, MobArena, CustomTheDeath, Essentials, WorldBorder, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, Dynmap-Essentials, VanishNoPacket, EssentialsAntiBuild, CraftIRC, BKCommonLib, EssentialsChat

11. <3

12. Wow, the snapshot-protocol option is really nice!! Keep going, you are doing a great job md_5

13. md_5

Administrator Developer

Thanks, definitely trying to get this fixed, #1 priority.

EDIT: Pushed another test fix. (The issue here is I can't make it happen locally)

#14 md_5, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Scrayos

Supporter

I just wanted to say Thanks, thanks for anythin' you did here, md_5" - I enjoy most of your Softwares, I use Bungee and I use Spigot since some weeks. It's lots of fun to code somethin' for Spigot or BungeeCord. And I wanted to ask'ya is there any way to donate for your excelent work? - I want to give something back by developing some Plugins for Public, but I want to donate to you to give something back too.

15. Do you have any idea why my server constantly randomly shuts down? No errors, no warnings, just says Shutting down server.

I swear every time i go to bed my server shuts down for no apparent reason and its starting to piss me off...

16. I know it's just another addon, but rtoolkit is a good work around to at least keep it up when you are away.

17. Been getting this error with TagAPI on a player join.
    Code (Text):
    18:29:07 [SEVERE] org.kitteh.tag.api.TagAPIException: [TagAPI] Failed to inject into networkmanager for thongu546
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at org.kitteh.tag.compat.v1_4_R1.DefaultHandler.hookPlayer(DefaultHandler.java:44)
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at org.kitteh.tag.api.PacketHandler$HandlerListener.onPlayerJoin(PacketHandler.java:42)
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    18:29:07 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:425)

18. vemacs

Artist

ProjectAres' 1.5 builds of Bukkit and CraftBukkit seem to work perfectly fine, and support all 1.5 features (not just a protocol change). Would you consider working off of their codebase instead of the Bukkit team's? That way, we can have maximum compatibility, earlier.

19. Loving the snapshot-protocol feature in this. In the past when a update came out a lot of users would update their client and we'd lose a high percentage of our players until the new bukkit jar was released and all of our plugins were working with the new version. Looks like that issue is a thing of the past now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.