Spigot & BungeeCord 1.15.2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 21, 2020.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

All,

A short while ago Mojang released Minecraft 1.15.2 containing a couple minor bugfixes, and we have now also updated.

SpigotMC Changes & Notes
    • Update Checking: Reminder that the old update checker API was turned off. The new checker API is easier to use and faster, please see this thread.
    • API: Please do not use the ItemStack class to hold Materials that are not items (Material.isItem() == false). This is nonsensical behaviour and will not be supported in a future version.
    • Spigot: The Vanilla Server GUI has been re-added. If you do not wish to use it simply add the --nogui or nogui command line arguments.
      • To better support this the default log4j2.xml has been synced back to the Vanilla version. If you are using a custom version you will need to update yours.
    • CraftBukkit: As foreshadowed in the 1.14 thread, BuildTools will no longer build CraftBukkit by default. To compile CraftBukkit you must now use the --compile craftbukkit command line argument.
    In order to get 1.15.2, simply run the latest BuildTools.
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar
    If you haven't used BuildTools to create a server jar yet, it is suggested you first read the 1.8 announcement and the additional BuildTools info thread.

BungeeCord is also updated and can be found on Jenkins.

Enjoy,
    ~md_5

A Note on NMS
    NMS is not supported API. It has never been and never will be. Whilst we recognise that some things possible with NMS are unlikely to be possible with the API, many things that NMS is used for are possible with the API, or would be possible with very trivial feature requests. Before using NMS for any reason you should carefully consider whether you really need to use it or not. Updates to NMS are a crucial aspect of being able to sustainably and reliably deliver new versions of Spigot and may occur without warning. As a developer using NMS you must ensure that your plugin gracefully handles unexpected situations. The only guarantee given about NMS is that CraftMagicNumbers.getMappingsVersion() will be changed if any mappings changes are made (which could be frequently).

#1 md_5, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Like x 28
    • Friendly x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. time to build ^^

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Time to update Plugins.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. blaukat

Supporter

thank you md_5, very cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not sure if this is a Spigot bug or an MC bug but here is a funny one, the 2 consoles split everything.
    When the server is loading some things go into the server console, other things go into that MC console.

When I logged in, I typed in chat, it went back and forth between the 2 consoles.
    I typed out the numbers, each as a new message, the outcome:
    [​IMG]

Ill have to test this out on vanilla.

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yes that's a bug

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. In vanilla or spigot? Im just loading a vanilla server up now to test, but if this is a know issue...

Edit: I see this does not happen on vanilla.
    Shall I report this on Jira?

8. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

Always thankful for these fast releases!

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

I've fixed it just now

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Awesome (y)
    Thank you very much!

11. ssamjh

Thanks for the quick release :)

12. So I remember @Bobcat00 saying 3 bees in a hive/nest was just not enough. I decided to fiddle with the NMS code for the beehive, and upped it to 100 .... you know, for fun!

This one's for you Bobcat

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Keep up the great work! You guy's are the reason people continue to play minecraft! Seriously, even though some of us can't donate, we really appreciate it!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Choco

Well now that's just terrifying

15. Terrifying yet totally entertaining. The sound though... listening to them all pop out of there, cracks me up!

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

Not sure why the thread was locked...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I'm getting exceptions with the following plugins. Guess I won't be updating for a while.
    • Essentials
    • Matrix
    • Orebfuscator
    • PlotSquared
    • Prism
    • ProtocolSupport
    • SilkSpawners
    • WorldEdit
    • WorldGuard
    • WorldGuardExtraFlags

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. md_5

Administrator Developer

Spigot bug, update your server.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Quick question here, what's the vanilla server GUI thing?
    I think I need some clarification on that or at least some more information about it.
    What does it change/not change, add/remove performance?
    Does it change how GUI plugins are built?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. md_5

Administrator Developer

Run your server on your desktop and you’ll see it. Hint: its not the gui you’re thinking of.

• Friendly Friendly x 1