Spigot & BungeeCord 1.15.2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I have the same message on old server with plugins. My world with no plugins doesn't have this message.

[11:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.15.2
    [11:52:55] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
    [11:52:56] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-b9baf71-e82b547 (MC: 1.15.2) (Implementing API version 1.15.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    [11:52:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Debug logging is disabled
    [11:52:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Using 4 threads for Netty based IO
    [11:52:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Server Ping Player Sample Count: 12
    [11:52:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
    [11:52:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
    [11:52:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:800
    [11:52:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Using default channel type
    [11:53:13] [Server thread/WARN]: Initializing Legacy Material Support. Unless you have legacy plugins and/or data this is a bug!
    [11:53:22] [Server thread/WARN]: Legacy plugin EditableSign v4.2.0 does not specify an api-version.

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

You have the message because EditableSign is a legacy plugin as the message below indicates

3. md_5

Administrator Developer

1.15.2 is now the default version

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Just played the first 1.16 snapshot for over an hour in creative mode. Loads of new blocks, items, gear, tools, armor, and sounds. Not a small update, but things seem to be 'just fine' as a difference between 1.15 and 1.16, I can't imagine it taking longer than expected to upgrade plugins etc. The performance for singleplayer wasn't that bad. The server performed less than desirable, but it was running on the same machine. We will try again later tonight with 25+ ppl on a dedicated server, so we can compare it against 1.15.2 that runs super vanilla on that one (not spigot).

The client was at 25% cpu and gpu was at 20 to 30% depending what was happening.
    In 1.15.2 this spikes to 75% easily and gpu at 75% normally. So this sounds promising. If it is, eeh, we will see.. It's just the first snapshot. A bunch of stuff still isn't there yet, and only time will tell how it runs as a live server for variety of situations.

xray in the nether is going to be a thing, much more now, obviously.

5. 1.16 now feels modded (tbh) because of a new "alloy". And they added tools that are better than diamond ones. RIP diamonds: 2010 - 2020 (lol 10 years)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Diamondium or Diamondillium?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. That would have been an interesting name ;)

Do keep in mind, you still need diamonds to make these tools. Diamonds aren't completely dead yet.

I'm not terribly a huge fan of the recipes for the new tools/armor.
    EDIT:
    I retract my dislike, I didn't realize how hard it was to get the Netherite ingot.

I mean yeah, they do have a lot of steps which is kinda cool, rather than just (get ore, make item) you actually have to find ore, smelt it, mix it with gold, then apply it to diamond tool/armor. A nice little upgrade system in a sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. md_5

Administrator Developer

As long as its not stupidly rare like emerald ore

9. This is about all it says:
    ""
    Ancient debris can generate in the Nether in the form of mineral veins. Ancient debris attempts to generate in veins of size 1-3, from altitudes 8 to 24, in all Nether biomes. Most commonly found at altitude 11
    ""
    It's hard to judge at this point right now how rare that actually is. Seems like its more common than emeralds for sure. Maybe a smidge less than diamonds.
    Also, I don't really know what the nether has for caves. Not entirely sure how easy these veins are going to be to find.

I should add to this, even if the ore is relatively easy to find, you smelt it into 1 Netherite scrap, which you need 4 of those + 4 gold ingots to make ONE Netherite ingot. Upgrading tools/weapons/armor is gonna take a bit.
    I feel like opinions will be all over the place here.

Personally I like the fact that it's going to be a little difficult to upgrade.

#90 ShaneBee, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  10. They are. Like 20-30% more rare than emeralds (i think), to make the alloy you need 4 ancient things and 4 gold ingots (finnaly gold isn't that useless), also let's not forget it's nether... Pretty easy to die from lava if is a new world (or a new player on survival servers) without fire resistance... And all of this for what? More durability, a little more protection and knockback resistance, a little boost in damage and a little faster pickaxe. Yeah, I guess one can says its balanced.
    Diamondium

11. I don't mind that it's more rare, because it gives players something to work towards to. Though as with everything in mc these days, within 15 minutes everybody has everything new already and then they are /; wHeRE iS mOuNTaIn UpDaTE

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. md_5

Administrator Developer

Honestly still seems too rare like a lot of the new stuff, cough totems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Luckily evokers are part of raids, so it ups those chances a tiny bit. "WOLOLO"

Someone's gonna have to make a plugin to add some of these new items to villager trades.

This nether update looks like its going to be huge, 1st snapshot adds a ton and they said a ton more is coming.
    You is gonna be busy with this update!

14. I don't like 1.16's first snapshot. They didn't add coronavirus !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Let me call Jerry Seinfeld, maybe he can use your material.. iT Is So FuNNy

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. If you want coronavirus, there's a plugin that adds it.
    Maybe the new piglins, and their new trade system, will have the new ancient thing. (Maybe its time for pigman to be deprecated, as they will be called "zombified piglins"?)

#97 nicuch, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  17. MiniDigger

Supporter

I cant wait to see crappy written public plugins to break because new armor and tools was added and they use a hardcoded list of armor and tools internally instead of using tags :D

18. BuT kIdS wIlL cRy If 1.8 sUpPoRt DrOpS fOr ThEiR fAvOuRiTe PlUgIn

If you didn't understand, it was a joke referencing that much things were added, but x was missing.

19. Totemsof undying can be farmed with some clever usage of raids, though. It takes a bit of time to setup, but from what I've seen, it's less work than a guardian farm, so I wouldn't say totems are too bad.