Spigot & BungeeCord 1.16.1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Report to slimefun

2. Has anybody run into this one, i can't seem to figure out why this one world is spitting this out.

3. well,i found it just now,if you use dev rather than release (i mean the previous version)in paper 1.16,it will work.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

Haven't seen that one, if you can try and isolate at least part of the map that triggers it and open a bug report with that attached it would be helpful

5. it's a 22gb map, i have no idea when this happens. the server is `Done!` and then it just spits out 10 of those or 40 or 25 .. only on start.
    could it be just the spawn chunks?

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

If its before players join then probably

7. Thank you and the whole team for all there hard work and countless hours they put in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaggy67

Benefactor

I'm not seeing any hostile mobs spawning since upgrading to 1.16.1. I assume it's my world plugin, but just wanted to check that this isn't a known thing with vanilla, or that something changed with server configs that effect hostile mob spawning rates.

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

I've been eaten by a lot of zombies, so its just you

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Shaggy67

Benefactor

That's what I assumed, but thanks for the confirmation.

11. Our players have been complaining that they can't have a peaceful night, because they've been overwhelmed with zombies. We had to lower the numbers in bukkit.yml to compensate a bit.

12. Shaggy67

Benefactor

Ah, for some reason player.getWorld().getAllowMonsters() is being set to "false". That has to be my plugin. Thanks again for helping point me in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shaggy67

Benefactor

I see a getAllowMonsters() in the World class, but not a setAllowMonsters()? How do you set it? Did something change where it used to default to "true" but now defaults to "false"?

14. md_5

Administrator Developer

setSpawnFlags (or server.properties). They both default to true

15. Shaggy67

Benefactor

I added destWorld.setSpawnFlags(true, true), but getAllowMonsters() is still returning "false". I'm sure it's something in my code, will keep digging.

16. Shaggy67

Benefactor

Oddly, getAllowAnimals() is returning "true". Not sure what the difference is.

17. puh - good news ^^

18. I see that this does indeed work, however, I find this a little hard to read (and also tedious to type).

Is there any chance that .translateAlternateColorCodes() will be able to convert a shortened version in the future?
    Something (more) standard like &#FFFFFF and &#FFF

19. Shaggy67

Benefactor

Interesting. If my plugin loads the worlds during onEnable() at server startup, then all of them have World.getAllowMonsters() = false. However, if I load the world using a plugin command after the server has started, then World.getAllowMonsters() = true. Both the onEnable() and plugin command run the same plugin.loadWorld() function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.