Spigot & BungeeCord 1.16.2 & 1.16.3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Will have to check later today or this weekend. I'm running Minecraft Overviewer against a backup of the world to generate a map; there is one village I noticed that is only half generated - we were close enough to it for a few houses to appear on map but we didn't see or explore it - so going back there to let the remaining half of the village generate would be a good test.

Before 1.13 came out I used mcedit to manually delete the oceans and prune some lightly-explored chunks. I saved the Overviewer map of the 1.12 world, I know there are at least 2-3 villages on that map; they should generate in the same region if re-explored now. That would also help determine if this is a random coincidence or not.

2. This is Very Nice Work.

J ~[2]~ D#7070

3. Id like information on how to find out which region includes a certain chunk please.
    Ive had corrupted maps before and couldnt fix them :(

4. https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/

If you're dealing with villages, be sure to delete the corresponding file in the poi folder.

And always make a backups first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SlimeDog

Patron

/worldedit:chunkinfo
    /coordinatetool

If you're dealing with villages, be sure to delete both the poi file and the region file. After a backup, of course.

#147 SlimeDog, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Oh wow. Its as simple as /chunkinfo. Look at that!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hmmmm. My village generation issue is still persisting. Seems to be triggered by a jigsaw structure issue. Results in a ton of "Input does not contain a key type" log entries - see this report: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-197883

That bug report was able to track it back to mappings in Spigot/Paper, but I can't see if it is a vanilla issue or an issue in Spigot. Don't know enough about what is being referenced.

8. Happy to provide example of the log entries if it helps. I isolated a slew of warnings that popped up when I passed near a newly-generated village.

9. I don't know if it will solve your particular problem, but YES, you should use --forceupgrade between 1.16.2 and 1.16.3
    (Yes, this has been commented upon as one of the first 'minor' versions which requires the server to be upgraded.)

#153 Goldentoenail, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  10. SlimeDog

Patron

It's --forceUpgrade

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. I'll give it a shot. Kind of tired of spending time fixing villages instead of exploring them!

12. And this is why I look carefully at changes like this. It has been followed up with these:
    Still not sure if it's safe to use or if plugins are affected.

13. decompile error means that the decompiler of mojang's original server jar didn't do a great job at the specific code, so we have to manually fix them so it all compiles again.

Additionally this commit adds PersistentDataContainer API to chunks. This doesn't affect current plugins. It gives an option to plugin developers to store stuff inside the chunk's NBT.