Spigot & BungeeCord 1.17 & 1.17.1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Don't forget about eraseCache with that forceupgrade.

2. Maximvdw

Benefactor

There was this company that once said on Twitter that Windows 10 would be the last windows ever. We all know how that turned out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. For someone who is maintaining a codebase that they did not initially develop (as in, me), and does not have extensive knowledge of when it is and is not appropriate to use NMS, do you have any advice?

4. Don't use NMS if there is API that can do what you need. If there isn't, open an issue/pull request and try to get the required API. If what you're trying to do does not have an API equivalent and is not suited for inclusion into the API, only then use NMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Unfortunately, that isn't very helpful. I was asking if there is an established place I can look (other than digging through the Spigot docs) to know what APIs are available making NMS no longer necessary. If not, that's fine. I would just like to know.

6. Shaggy67

Benefactor

Not that I'm aware of. I just use the spigot javadocs...

https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Try

net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ClientboundPlayerInfoPacket.Action.ADD_PLAYER
    net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ClientboundPlayerInfoPacket.Action.REMOVE_PLAYER

8. Thanks! Unfortunately, these ones are not getting resolved either.

Update: It looks like it did work! I hate Gradle sometimes. :rolleyes:

#370 DavidBBukkit, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  9. md_5

Administrator Developer

1.17 is now the default revision

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  10. Have fun with 1.17.1 everybody, another day of backups, testing and upgrades, talking to devs, waiting for fixes, and checking where their builds to now. lol. Gonna be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Should 1.17.1 require almost no fix ? I mean, there are not big technical changes no ?

12. well that was quick

13. quite a few private tickets got fixed, they dont generally get mentioned in changelogs. big enough changes, i defn. would upgrade from .0 to .1

14. Testing? Testing is for losers! :p