Spigot & BungeeCord 1.17 & 1.17.1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Loaded up Spigot 1.17.1-3171 on a server that previous was running Spigot 1.17-3170 (ie., the final build). Quite a few plugins fail, included several of the majors. It's going to be a fun few days of updates, as usual.

2. Not sure whether to :eek: or :cry:

3. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Pray for developers who cannot free themselves from reflection.

4. You're another one having access to private Mojang issue tracker? I don't get it why so many normal people have access to it.

5. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Why do you assume that. I don't have access to it, but the update summaries make it very clear that private issues were fixed.

6. I, for example, need to do some reflection to change some dragon behavior...
    With 1.17.1 this now has issues, as the obfuscation has changed, but the version is still v1_17_R1 !!
    Things are NOT getting easier with the new way it is done ;/

7. I assume that because it sounded like he knows more about it.

There are so many people having access to Mojang internal channels. I never heard about these.

8. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Comments? We don't need no stinking comments! The code speaks for itself!

#388 SlimeDog, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  9. Shaggy67

Benefactor

I'm fairly sure there is some sarcasm going on with some of these posts, but I do agree 100% with you. As a developer working in the airline industry for over 20 years, one thing I can say for certain is that a good tester is worth their weight in gold. Strong testing practices are the difference between a good developer and a great one.

Always backup, and test test test. Not just test to see if things work, but test to see if you can break them. Then test the "edge" cases. One universal rule is that your users will always figure out a way to do something with your code that you never thought of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. On bugs.mojang (mojira) you can submit private bug reports. That's what is referred to.

And I am sure there's always something private somewhere <shifty eyes>

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. bobcat is awesome, i understood what he said ;)

12. NathanWolf

Supporter

Or the ones that did free themselves from reflection because 1.17, but then still get hosed by minor updates :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Wait, maybe I missed some updates to the remap-spigot plugin config, so this could just be my bad. Still trying to figure out this whole process...

Unless I'm mistaken (I was), ClientboundRemoveEntityPacket got renamed to ClientboundRemoveEntitiesPacket but remapping doesn't seem to be working on it

Code (Text):
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/network/protocol/game/ClientboundRemoveEntitiesPacket
    Cheers on the super fast update though!

#392 NathanWolf, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  13. So it got renamed to how it was named before 1.17.

14. It all sucks for meeeeeeee :cry::cry::cry:

:LOL:

15. So if I'm compiling against the mojang mapped jar and there's a private NMS field I need to access using reflection, is there a way I can reference the field so that SpecialSource can remap it, or do I have to just use the still-obfuscated Spigot mapping name?

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

Kind of an impossible problem to solve in the abstract, since how can SS know what class the field is from?

That being said there is currently unused code in SS that could remap NMSThing.class.getDeclaredField, however it would only work if the code looked exactly like that --- no reflection on the class name or helper methods.

17. After updating to 1.17.1 all named entities now output a death message to the console, is this intended behavior?

Code (Text):
    Named entity EntitySquid['NamedMob'/90, l='ServerLevel[world]', x=-9.64, y=63.00, z=336.19] died: NamedMob drowned

18. yes, see mojang changelog

19. duh, should have checked that. Wonder why they did that, hopefully there will be a way to disable that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.