Spigot & BungeeCord 1.17 & 1.17.1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jun 11, 2021.

1. WOW! A thousand thanks!

2. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Happy to see that with a single exception -- Nashorn JS engine -- 168 plugins in our MC 1.17.x test suite are running just fine on Java 17.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I'm still on J16, better installing J17 which is LTS right? Might plan this on my next maintenance :)

4. Shaggy67

Benefactor

I'm not sure if Minecraft officially supports Java 17 yet. My guess is they will do that with Minecraft 1.18 later this year. Personally, I'm going to wait until then to update to Java 17.

5. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I run test servers. I certainly would not recommend putting Java 17 into production without serious validation on your test servers.

6. I haven't looked into this, and the nashborn msg has been there for years now, so I am kinda blind to it .. now did multiverse-core do on java 17?

7. I mean, technically they can set legacy to 16 for 1.18 snapshots and include java17 for a few snapshots and see how it goes. If all fails, they can continue on 16

8. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

There are (at least) two plugins that manage the Nashorn issue, both updated to support Java 17. MV-Core seems to be fine with Java 17, in my testing so far. YMMV.

9. Glad to hear.

luckperms crashed for me, but i was 4 buils behind, their latest from their .net site worked fine.

i've tested 20 core plugins i use and no isssues so far (besides luckperm)

10. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

Our plugins are always up-to-date on the bleeding edge. No issues with 168+ plugins, other than the Nashorn issues already noted, since resolved. Of course, there is the SecurityManager deprecation to deal with in future, which will affect one of my plugins, and quite a few others.

11. That might just affect bungee? i dunno, dont use it. dont care lol.

12. Just out of interest for what you're using the security manager? I personally was never in the need to use it.

13. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Network interception, same as me.

14. So you do not inject your interceptor into the netty pipeline?

15. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

16. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

NetworkInterceptor is open-source, if you would like to inspect the use case(s) and offer a PR.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ah different use case. Expected a packet interceptor, not a disallow my plugins communicating network interceptor.

18. SlimeDog

Moderator Patron

I think the Overview is pretty clear as to what NetworkInterceptor does. The wiki even more so.

#520 SlimeDog, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1