Spigot Community Server (1.14)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 18, 2019.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yes

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yay, I think im most excited about that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. updated server version?

4. Hi,

I just joined the server to test out some stuff. But when I did /spawn while in the wild, I got disconnected after I got teleported, and now I can't rejoin.
    Anything wrong with the spawn area?

Not sure if related, but I saw another player trying to join a million times before I got disconnected, joined and left immediately all the time.

Attached is a screenshot of the error I'm getting.

Minecraft name: SnuRRe0

Attached Files:

5. I threw Lingering potion of healing near spawn and there is some kind of a issue with it and it doesn't seem to fade away but it works fine on vanilla so this is a spigot issue.
    Can someone remove it?

6. Well done. Next time do not do this on spawn where 95% of the testers spawn.

7. I mean it’s fairly possible they didn’t know it would happen thus why he asked for the effect to be removed

8. YO LETS GO. Also for clarification, does anyone know if players will have to set packs to auto download/will we need to prompt them to download server pack to use this feature?

9. yes

10. me too.

11. Ahh so on pre-5 I left-clicked with a wooden shovel and the whole server crashed, then I couldn't rejoin :D Was pretty good before that.

12. md_5

Administrator Developer

Fixed
    They seem to fade for me
    Cannot reproduce

13. client connects, i see the sky, cpu ramps up client crashes after 15 seconds.
    Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 04.44.21.png

14. md_5

Administrator Developer

I've seen that happen myself, then I restart the client and its fine

15. Discord for it?

16. Why does it need one?

17. Because all major servers have a discord.

18. Any reason beside that though? The IRC exists to chat among st ourselves live and there are places to report bugs.

19. Try changing particles to minimal.

20. I wouldn't really call this a "major server" its literally a test server meant for finding bugs.
    The server itself has its own GitHub page for reporting bugs, plus there's SpigotMC.org so no real reason for a discord.