Spigot Community Server (1.14)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Don't players need to download the server resource pack for this to work?

2. 2008Choco

Junior Mod

Correct. Though that's just the nature of server modding. The only possible way the client can know about the textures we want to use is by sending it to them. i.e. the purpose of a server-side resource pack.

3. Well, I already did this for old versions, but with Optifine's CIT (Custom Items Textures) and without having models. Still better than nothing, I guess, for vanilla.
    Also, if you don't force players to have the resource pack, only 10-15% of players will use it (or at least that was for my server).

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

It's not vanilla tho if you use optifine :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Talking about client or server here? :rolleyes:
    It doesn't matter what's on client... the server is 'vanilla'. :eek:

6. Server isn't vanilla it's Spigot ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. md_5

Administrator Developer

Someone built a hopper+composter thing that crashed the server, it'll be back soon

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. md_5

Administrator Developer

Server is back up, running 19w03c (so perhaps you can see each other again)

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2008Choco

Junior Mod

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
  11. 2008Choco

Junior Mod

Likely story. We'll see what the court has to say about this. ▬▬▬▋ Ò╭╮Ó

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Whoops, sorry, that was me, just testing out the 1.14 features and then it crashed. It happened like 20 seconds after i started the composer hopper-thing so i thought it wasn't because of my composer thing. Seems like a spigot bug...

13. Just had the same issue in 19w03c, I was just walking when a guy joined, I said "Hi" and StackOverFlowError -> server crashed

14. Gotta love my own artwork in the background.

OT: @md_5, the server keeps crashing frequently with the StackError and nobody will be able to join it for a while, this issue has not been resolved as you updated to the newer snapshot.

#54 Marido, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  15. md_5

Administrator Developer

There's two crashes happening recently - one due to a bad update which I just fixed, and another which I believe is this Vanilla one: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-139717

The stackoverflowerror is just what happens when it crashes - https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-142590 - but I've added what should be a fix for that bug now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I just saw your guys' posts about this. I looked into it a bit more.
    Maybe Im a total nerd but this is mind blowing. Its so cool they are adding this directly into VANILLA

I really hope that md_5 and the team can incorporate this into the API, so we could create custom recipes, etc for these items.
    Here's to hoping :fingers crossed emoji:

17. Seeing as it's NBT that should be possible, even in it's current state.

When creating Recipes with the API, you specify an ItemStack as result. You can add NBT tags to those by converting them to their NMS equivalent, adding the NBT and then converting them back into ItemStacks. (Spigot recently also added options to add arbitrary data to ItemStacks, but I'm not sure if those also use the internal NBT or use something different.) So unless the ItemStacks get changed internally in the recipes by which NBT data gets lost (which I doubt), it should be possible to put those as recipe results.

But I'm not completely familiar with NBT and recipes, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

18. md_5

Administrator Developer

NBT can be accessed via the APIs in ItemMeta

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. The CustomItemTagContainer, right? That's the one I meant with "arbitrary data on ItemStacks", glad to see that one uses the internal NBT structure.

20. md_5

Administrator Developer

Pretty much everything, enchants, lore, display names, hideflags, etc