Spigot Community Server (1.15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Dec 1, 2019.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

The Spigot Community Server is once again up and running. The server runs a recent snapshot build (currently 1.15-pre6) and is available for all members to play on.

You can play on it as you wish (survival, creative), but please make sure to respect the gameplay of others. That is if you have access to creative, don't leave valuable resources everywhere or target players in survival. Those with over 100 posts on the forums are eligible to be promoted to a rank which has access to creative. Being banned from the server will also lead to you being banned from the forums.

We are most interested in using this server to find bugs which are not present in either Spigot 1.14.4 or Vanilla snapshots. If you find any, please report them to the issue tracker linked below, after doing appropriate testing on the aforementioned versions.

The main world was generated on 1.15-pre3.

Server: play.spigotmc.org
    TeamSpeak: talk.spigotmc.org
    Configuration / Issues: https://github.com/SpigotMC/SpigotCraft

Ranks available are based on number of posts:
    • Tester = 100 posts
    • Helper = 500 posts
    To request a rank, please use the rank request thread: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/344229/ not this one.

#1 md_5, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019 at 5:10 AM
    • Like x 29
    • Friendly x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Well done md_5. Fast as usual.

Let's see if the server is running stable with the amount of memory.

#2 ysl3000, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  3. Nice job md! :)
    Always nice to see your dedication to the project.

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

Woooo, let the breakage begin! :D

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. FOURTH. So who’s gonna crash it first?

6. Puremin0rez

Enjoy testing everyone :)

7. MiniDigger

Supporter

I guess you just copied this from last time, but ts is down :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. ssamjh

Looking forward to trying it tonight.

#8 ssamjh, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  9. md_5

Administrator Developer

Its up now

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. blaukat

Supporter

Can't wait to see what performance is like for this version, I cannot explain to my players why we are not updating again lol.

• Agree Agree x 10
  11. Very exciting to see the frontpage with some 1.15 news. Hopefully we can finally upgrade all our servers early 2020 from 1.13.2 to 1.15.1.

Bit short on time this month, but I will try my best to just play and see how it all goes. If I find anything I will try to reproduce it on vanilla pre3 before potentially reporting it as a bug.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Absolute champion! Really interested to see if performance is improved in 1.15.

13. Check the changelog for 1.15, there's loads of big performance bugs reported in 1.14.x that are fixed in 1.15. It looks rather promising.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Any changes to deprecated api?

15. md_5

Administrator Developer

No

• Like Like x 1
  16. Let's see of Mojang kept their promise of fixing the absolute horrible performance. Now that we have timings, we may have some nicer insights into things.

@md_5 any view on what Mojang improved?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Amazing! I'll go play on it for some time

18. Thank you very much sir.

19. @mrfloris I've been keeping an eye on the change log, yep. However there's a big difference between Mojang saying they've improved something and actually seeing a change, haha.

Fingers crossed, though!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1