Spigot Community Server (1.16)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Feb 22, 2020.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

The Spigot Community Server is once again up and running. The server runs a recent snapshot build and is available for all members to play on.

You can play on it as you wish (survival, creative), but please make sure to respect the gameplay of others. That is if you have access to creative, don't leave valuable resources everywhere or target players in survival. Those with over 100 posts on the forums are eligible to be promoted to a rank which has access to creative. Being banned from the server will also lead to you being banned from the forums.

We are most interested in using this server to find bugs which are not present in either Spigot 1.15.2 or Vanilla snapshots. If you find any, please report them to the issue tracker linked below, after doing appropriate testing on the aforementioned versions.

The main world was generated on 20w08a.

Server: play.spigotmc.org
    TeamSpeak: talk.spigotmc.org
    Configuration / Issues: https://github.com/SpigotMC/SpigotCraft

Ranks available are based on number of posts:
    • Tester = 100 posts
    • Helper = 500 posts
    To request a rank, please use the rank request thread: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/344229/ not this one.

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Wow! I can't wait to log on.

3. Oooo exciting!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I can't connect with my 1.7 client

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Choco

Absolutely unacceptable. Want to PvP together, man? Won't ever catch me on a 1.9+ server.
    (/s)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Thank you md_5 for the update, if we find any bugs that we can't confirm in Mojang's server.jar we will submit them to the bug tracker.

7. That was a freaking fast update you did there mr md_5. Good Job!!!
    I haven't been on SpigotMC as long as some of these people but I don't think I have seen the community server up-and-running so dang early, we're what, 3 snapshots in?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Thank you md_5. That was very fast. Seems to be that Mojang decided to let skeleton spawn in Nether. So wither skeleton aren't the only type of skeleton spawning in the nether.

Seeing forward to get more memories (MemoryKeys) in 1.16.

9. Skeletons actually already spawned in the Nether previously - in Nether Fortresses (since 1.4.2 according to the mc wiki).

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. I only met Wither-Skeletons there in the past. In the last 3-4 years I did only 2-3 journeys through the Nether so I probably missed them.

11. I can confirm they spawn in the nether fortresses, i always have to deal with them. Its nice they will spawn in more areas however!

12. SlimeDog

Patron

Please give delhome permission to match sethome permission. At present, a player can create one home, but cannot delete it (in order to move it elsewhere).

13. Just use sethome at the new location under the same name? Works on other versions so it should work the same here.

14. SlimeDog

Patron

That generated an error message; thus the original question. sethome without parameters worked. Thanks.

15. Will this be a major update or a minor update to the API as it looks now so far?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Optifine: *Trying to get 1.15 support*
    Minecraft: *1.16 is well on its way*

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  17. Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 18.56.53.png
    Minor thingy, thought i'd mention it, i guess it's for 1.16 now.