Spigot Configuration Guide (redirects to Wiki)

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Puremin0rez, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhanaticD

thanks! never knew about /tps
  2. so I understand the entity-activation-range, but I've heard of another parameter that I can't find any documentation for:

Code (Text):
    entity-tracking-range-players: 48
        entity-tracking-range-animals: 16
        entity-tracking-range-monsters: 48
        entity-tracking-range-misc: 16
        entity-tracking-range-max: 48
    what's the difference between "tracking" and "activation"?
  3. Puremin0rez

That commit is not yet in Spigot so I'm not sure where you got that from (unless you pulled a PR into your own fork from Aikar)

I'll explain more when it actually lands in Spigot, but the commit message does the most justice as to what it is:
  4. can't remember exactly where I found it ;-) scouring all sorts of forums looking for performance tweaks...

now this sounds a lot like what we already have with the current "entity-activation"... or am I missing something?
  5. So people with no access to the way the server starts up (multicraft) cannot disable netty? It seems to be crashing tons of crashes for me =/
  6. Puremin0rez

I do not believe so. The stuff loads to early in the server startup for configuration options to work
  7. Did all the storm settings get removed then?
  8. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Like Like x 1
  9. It is not, completely different features.

tracking is how far an entity is actually visible in your game, so if you set it to 8, the entity would disappear soon as you got 9 blocks away, but for entities like skeletons and ghast... would still be shooting you (so dont do that to monsters)

activation controls them actually "Doing" stuff on the server.
  10. so they're not despawning, just not visible - seems like a better term would be "entity-visible-range".

"Tracking" gives the impression that this deals with mobs targeting/pathfinding to you... which I was actually hoping to be able to increase. I have tons of zombies standing around within view, and wish they'd target the player from farther away.

That one makes sense, in terms of them either just standing there idle (but visible).
  11. Can any previous user of the orebfuscator plugin verify that this is now obsolete with inclusion of the built in orebfuscator?

Am I correct in assuming that the built in orebfuscator has no way to not obfuscate for certain permission nodes?
  12. No, it's not possible to disable obfuscation by permission nodes or op status as of right now. If you're looking for this kind of functionality, you should use the plugin.
  13. Puremin0rez

Updated the guide with all of the recent config options that were added in the past week of md_5 crazyness.

14. should add 153 to this list..
    153 Nether Quartz Ore
  15. Puremin0rez

In my guide I list all of the default settings in bukkit.yml - Nether quartz is not a default block in the anti xray so I don't have it on there.

That needs to be suggested to md_5 to get it added to the defaults :p
  16. md_5

Administrator Developer

Always has been.
  17. jeff142

God this will be use full in IRC instead of explaineing it 10000 times a day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. thx

Permissions for use?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.