1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Spigot creates new log at 12:00

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by davewolax, May 20, 2015.

1. In my server logs I always archive the old log files just to keep the log folder clean. but then I noticed that there is new log zip file created on all of my servers even though I'm sure I did not restart the server. so the only assumption would be that the servers crashed. but I checked everything and it seems that server did not crashed! I don't understand why Spigot creates new logs!!

I checked the log zip file and the last line is not saying crash or anything just normal server console message and in the latest.log it doesn't show if the server was started or anything. just continuous from previous one. and I noticed that it happens every day at [23:59:27] in all servers. very very very frustrating to see new logs pops in the log folder and making me worry that server crashed so I have to open all of them to see if there was any crash. any help?! is this Supposed to happen? is there any way to fix it?

2. Theepwner

Supporter

Happens with us too, not sure why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PhanaticD

Patron

it is annoying

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glad I am not the only one with this problem. I had figured my servers mysteriously crashed.

5. Minecraft uses log4j2 to handle logging. Here's the default 1.7 (newer) style logging:

https://gist.github.com/EvilSeph/7909129

Remove this:
    Code (Text):
    <TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy />
    Save, put in your server folder. Add the startup flag to point to the log4j2.xml file: -Dlog4j.configurationFile=log4j2.xml

Done. Logs will only rollover on startup then.

• Winner Winner x 1