Spigot en Español

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by jflory7, May 8, 2015.

1. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

2. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

I just noticed this wiki entry. Is it supposed to be where it is? If so, what is on the agenda for Spanish translations?

Maybe @CubyMaster can explain what his intention was with creating this wiki entry.

3. if you need Translation for Japanese, let me know ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

I'm not sure what this article was created for or what its purpose is - I was seeking clarification by creating this discussion thread.

For now, I have moved wiki article into a new parent node I created, Spigot - Archived Articles.

5. Ill be down for translating it to Norwegian if there is any interest in that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'll translate to English if you want. There are quite a few written in American English, which makes it impossible for anyone to read.

EDIT: And yet again @hockeymikey rates this optimistic because he has no sense of humour and his ickle YouTube friend got banned <3

#6 nfell2009, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. I can translate it to, French and Italian if you need me to.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

After my Wiki Quest today, I found out there is already an entire section dedicated to foreign language wiki pages.

http://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/languages/

However, it is woefully clear that there isn't a Spanish presence on the page. As for other languages, like Norwegian, translations can never hurt, so feel free to add on to the linked section above and put your multilingual abilities to the test. I'm sure some of the other community members would find it useful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm changing a few things because i'm spanish, i just don't know how i can create a new page.

10. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

I'll move it to the proper place. After this, you just need to create a new page and set them as children of this article!

Edit: @TheKayDev, I created some pages for you to begin on if you'd like to translate those first. :)

11. Would I get in trouble for a Pig Latin wiki? I don't know any other languages well enough to make a real translation :p.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. Is there any way in which I can correct the orthography of the Spanish version? I've noticed some mistakes (mainly diacritics). Also, I could translate the wiki to Catalan (if needed)

13. I'd assume that would be OK based on what jFlory said.

14. If you find any error you can fix these, i'm trying to finish a few things

15. I can translate it to Arabic.

16. Gracias por tener en cuenta la comunidad hispana de Spigot!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Hahah… I don't really think it's necessary. :p Might be a fun project to host on your own site or something if you really want to do it.

Certainly, @Townie! That's the awesome part of a wiki. Anyone can edit bits and pieces to add new things in, fix translations, and all kinds of things. Don't be afraid to hit that "Edit" button if you want to get involved. :)

I'm sure that's something that could be useful as well, although you'd probably want @brajo to sign off on that first, as he is the Wiki Team Lead.

18. saphiria

saphiria Previously Saphiria
    Artist

Im making a Chinese...

19. @jflory7 is this offical? because i've already started a complete translation of the Spanish wiki and i've like 50% done
    (I could merge my already translated content into this wiki)

20. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Yes, as far as I know, that was the original intent. Please feel free to add in your own translated pages! :)