Spigot Error.

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by EazyFTW, Mar 6, 2018.

1. I am using a VPS and some of my severs at random times have this happen. I don't know why. It stops the server but not like /stop. It is the opposite. It is like it is using the kill command. If someone could help me that would be amazing.

- EazyFTW.

Code (Text):
    [14:11:03] [ERROR]: Exception handling console input
    java.io.IOException: Input/output error
    at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_161]
    at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:255) ~[?:1.8.0_161]
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246) ~[?:1.8.0_161]
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265) ~[?:1.8.0_161]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.NonBlockingInputStream.read(NonBlockingInputStream.java:169) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.NonBlockingInputStream.read(NonBlockingInputStream.java:137) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.NonBlockingInputStream.read(NonBlockingInputStream.java:246) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:261) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:198) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readCharacter(ConsoleReader.java:2145) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:2349) ~inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer$2.run(DedicatedServer.java:85) inecraft_server.jar:git-Spigot-4bd94dc-3a482bd]
  2. input/output error, maybe i am reading this wrong, but just throwing it out there anyway:
    Check the quota on the drive? Including the /tmp dir etc. Maybe it's out of space?
  3. I looked and it said there is still 9GB of RAM left and plenty of space.
  4. Not RAM, Storage, run the command as MrFloris has said and then come back.
  5. There is enough Storage also..
  6. Is it ok if I try to delete some spigot/bungee related files in tmp?
  7. Nope.

Shut the server down first after a /save-all and a /stop
    Once it's shut down, restart the system ..

When the system has restarted, read up on how the /tmp dir works and if it's ok to just prune it's content or some of it.

Usually a restart flushes things, or the app in question does the trick. It's rarely touched by the system admin.
  8. Hm... because It is becoming more often now and I cannot play on my server.
  9. If this is for example Spigot 1.8.8
    Maybe get the latest buildtools.jar and put it in a fresh new directory. Then compile a new spigot-1.8.8.jar with it and shut the server down, start it up with the new jar and see if the problem is stil there.

You might get lucky.

Technically, if you get that error it means the console was closed.

How do you start this up? Do you fork the session to the background? Do you stare at the screen and lose the connection? (effectively closing the console)
  10. Actually, there should be more.. Please check your logs for any plugin exception errors that occur prior to this server shutdown.. it has to be there to get to that point. If it's plugin related you will spot it before this happened.
  11. It isn't just happening on one server. Sometimes it happens on multiple at the same time. I'm also running 1.12.2.
  12. 1.12.2, okay. make sure you've made it with the latest buildtools jar and created the latest 1.12.2 nightly - might be worth trying. Just throw a new buildtools jar in a new directory and --rev 1.12.2 behind it when you start things up from console.

That said, make sure your plugins are all compatible with 1.12.2
  13. I an using a panel that automatically downloads it for me.
  14. I don't know anything about this or if that's allowed per spigotmc rules. Maybe that's common practice for spigot hosting or something. I am a command line guy.

Ok, then ask the host that provides this if they're on a stable build or have more customers with this issue perhaps.

You can I guess move on to the plugins.. make sure you're not using 1.8 plugins that don't work on 1.12 for example.

Do you run out of memory, cpu at 100%, is the drive fast enough to read/write all thise memory data? is there enough quota on the system and in the tmp dir? those questions still kinda stand to make sure it's not simply a performance issue.