1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Spigot.jar

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by MrAnnoyingCookie, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When you open the spigot.jar it is supposed to appear 3 folders and other documents, but not in my case, when I open it it opens with winRAR, I ll like to know how to solve this. Thank you

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. *gives up*

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I think it's trying to communicate.. Anyone got a decrypter? Or a way to point him in the right direction?

(Last I check spigot had a lot more than 3 folders anyway...)

4. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

What is your goal of opening up the .jar?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. world
    world_nether
    world_the_end
    and another bunch of files

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. What? Dude, worlds are creating randomly.

7. What?

8. Download spigot.jar place it in a folder start it with whatecer youre used to open the folder with the .jar then youll see all the world folders and other files. Dont do anything with any craftbukkit.jar file you have if you use spigot.

9. joehot200

Supporter

And in that winrar there is 3 folders...

10. I do not think anyone here understands his problem.
    He does not know how to start the server properly in his system jar files are associated with WinRAR and not with Java.
    That's why I linked to the Bukkit wiki which says how to properly start the server with a batch file.
    He just needs to replace "craftbukkit.jar" with "spigot.jar" in the batch.

MrAnnoyingCookie
    Follow this instructions:

1. Download Spigot.jar
    2. Put the .jar file in the directory you'd like the server to run from
    3. Open a text editor such as Notepad and type:

java -Xmx1024M -jar spigot.jar
    PAUSE

4. Save the document as run.bat (not as a .txt) in the same directory as spigot.jar.
    Lightbulb.png Note: With some programs such as Notepad, it may try saving as run.bat.txt. When saving to a file name, put the name in quotes: "run.bat"
    5. Double click run.bat and you're away!
    6. To shut down, issue the "stop" command in console.

11. DONEEEEEE, my problem was my patience.

12. Where can I download spigot.jar

13. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. @MrAnnoyingCookie Please note that a .jar file is actually an executable container. WinRar cant execute stuff it can only extract or compact them.

To execute/run a .jar container (such as Spigot) you will need java specified for your OS:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Then simply use a batch file to run it. You can also just use the cmd (command line) of Windows and navigate to the Spigot path where you can execute it with:
    java -jar spigot.jar

Java also gives you the possibility to limit the amount of memory that you want to give Spigot:
    -Xms= Minimal memory
    -Xmx= Maximal memory

Example would look like this:
    java -Xms200M -Xmx1024M -jar spigot.jar

You can also set the amount of memory in Gigabytes:
    java -Xmx2G -jar spigot.jar

There are also tons of tutorials on Youtube that tell you exactly how to setup a server on windows or any other OS.

#17 MyPictures, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.