spigot orebfuscator

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Exodevil, Apr 21, 2013.

1. hey guys

is the a permission for my staff to bypass the orebfuscator like in the orebfuscator plugin Orebfuscator.deobfuscate?

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

No, that seems a bit shifty to do anyway.

3. waah that's kind of uncool

is there really no way you could implement that? :)

4. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

What do you want?

A 2 ticks per second server or,

A 20 ticks per second server.

5. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Is this a trick question? o_O :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sure, a "de-obfuscate" could be added. The real question is whether it should be added.

The extra checks needed to de-obfuscate for only certain players would seriously hurt the performance of the obfuscator. Since one of the main goals for Spigot is high-performance, the chances are very low that such a permission will be added. Particularly for your unnecessary edge case need.

The feature doesn't even exist on the full Orebfuscator Bukkit plugin.

7. *coughs*
    ^ The above also causes very little performance issues from what I've noticed on our server when we ran Oreb.

Source Material:
    https://github.com/lishd/Orebfuscator/wiki/Configuration-File

8. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

Also for future reference.

The built in orebfuscator is not meant to do lots of things, it's truly meant to be a performance enhanced Orebfuscator with minimal features.

Go to lishid's Orebfuscator plugin if you want features.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Well now I feel silly. I only skimmed through the docs and I completely missed that. I still stand by it being a waste of resources for an edge case and shouldn't be added to Spigot.

10. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐⭐

Yeah its best to use the actual plugin for extra features/additions - Spigots orebfuscator is meant to be very lightweight with close to no performance losses.

• Agree Agree x 1