Spigot server only works for localhost

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Grant412, May 11, 2015.

1. I have a spigot server, that has been correctly port forwarded and set up. I've done this successfully dozens of times with craftbukkit servers, but for some reason with this spigot server only me from localhost can connect or even find the server for that matter. I'm not sure why. Has anyone got any suggestions?

2. Use this with the correct minecraft server port while your spigot server is running. If it can't see the server then its one of two things:

1. Your computer's firewall is blocking the connections. So you would have to allow that program (Its usually Java) through the firewall.
    2. Something is missing or wrong in the port forwarding settings. It could either be that your computers IP has changed or you're using the wrong port.

If its something else then I would suggest you to call your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and see if they may have blocked minecraft or that port for some wacky reason...

Good Luck!

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. make sure the 25565 port is open.
    Look after port forwarding in your firewall and in your router!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. It turns out there were two Java options on my firewall. Only one of them options allowed access so I tried allowing the other option and it worked ( : Thanks a lot. I've never had this issue before with Minecraft servers.

• Like Like x 1