Praise Spigot, The Dominate One.

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by saphiria, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saphiria

Artist

#1 saphiria, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Craftbukkit is more well known than Spigot, I don't see how it could be higher than Craftbukkit, much higher in fact.

Since however, Spigot now maintains Craftbukkit that does mean that SpigotMC maintains over 50% or Servers software.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

5. @md_5 yeah I seen that on Twitter a few days ago, Sponge would come under 'Forge', wouldn't it? Its already very high for a extremely new software isn't it.

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

No, 99.9% of those servers listed under Forge are modded Forge servers, Tekkit, FTB etc etc.

7. Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up.

Its still great to see such high numbers using Craftbukkit/Spigot.

8. saphiria

Artist

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Because most users running vanilla are probably just playing with friends, and therefore wouldn't advertise their servers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. saphiria

Artist

True. I have had like 5 different vanilla servers. (Not that there "different") I just home host those though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Isn't it a bit biased though, Spigot has metrics built in, whilst craftbukkit doesn't?

12. saphiria

Artist

Yeah :p And the CraftBukkit maintained Spigot is being counted as Spigot. (I believe)

13. But wouldn't the snooper send the server brand as "MCPC +", vus come under "other" (I think cauldron uses MCPC + too for compatibility when I last checked the source)?
    Forge =/= Vanilla = it's own category
    Forge =/= Cauldron = same category
    Not really getting the logic there.
    Also, the technic pack still distributes BukkitForge (not taken down yet), and FTB usually distributes vanilla forge.

#13 GGhost, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AFAIK BukkitForge is a Forge mod that implements the Bukkit API -- so it wouldn't effect the server brand any more than any other mod would.

15. Disagree, BukkitForge or what ever tekkit uses is not a mod, as for it is compiled into the same jar.
    http://ghosted.me/8rzmfya

16. We were thinking of different things I presume. I know there was something that fits what I describe somewhere on Technic (I used to run a Tekkit Lite server, so I've been around that website lots before).

17. Yeah, I know what you mean. There was definitely a mod that implemented the bukkit api as a forge mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. That is possible. The reason I want to know is so that I can check if it still exists since there is no Cauldron for 1.8. I might even make my own though since I know both the Bukkit and Forge APIs (and I made a similar system before).

19. I've already started updating it to 1.8, so I have something that can be relatively be used when 1.9 comes out, as for mojang said something like mods will be easier to update from 1.8 to 1.9. Right now, not many mod developers are using 1.8 as a platform for SMP mods.

20. I think a lot of the reason for the lack of 1.8 SMP mods is the lack of a good plugin ready server to run them on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.