Spigot WatchDog Error after opening certain chests.

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by nJavo, Jun 8, 2021.

1. I get a "Spigot Watchdog Thread/Error" message, followed by 100 lines of code that I cannot read. It is the second chest that cause this crash and I am not sure how to fix it, or if it is even fixable. We don't want to restart the map or anything, but the bug makes the game sort of unplayable.
    This is the lines of code that it spit out the last time it happened: https://pastebin.com/EmdCS1yP (I uploaded it to pastebin since I don't want the post to be insanely long and unreadable)

2. This looks like the world file is corrupt. Try deleting it or moving it to another folder. This could also be a plugin that doesn't support the game version or is just bad.

3. But wouldn't that mean having to restart?

4. Yes. You should always make backups. This is why.

5. I have MULTIPLE Backups, but this is a problem with the seed itself. I tried it on a singleplayer world, with the seed on a fresh new map, and almost the exact same issue happened.

6. Is there a reason to use seeds?

7. Delete the chests.

You could also use NBTExplorer to see what's in them.

Is it possible that a player intentionally placed a 'crash chest'? Do players have Creative mode?

8. Players do not have creative mode, and the chests were naturally spawning dungeons chests.

How would I go about using NBTExplorer? I can't interact with the chests in any way. I even tried using a hopper to take the items, that crashes the server too. Any interaction in the server seems to crash it. I though it might be the chunk but I haven't done much testing apart from what I told you.