Bukkit SpigotLib 9.0.1

A library for every neccessary missing thing in Spigot.

1. gyurix submitted a new resource:

SpigotLib - A library for every neccessary missing thing in Spigot.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. When you mean "per player translation" this is based on the client language ? :p

3. Currently not :D
    Maybe, I will add an integration to the client language in the future, but now, you can only change your language using the /sl lang <players> <newlang> command, or with editing the players.yml file.

4. Where's api documentation?

5. Oh, so soon :D
    You can decompile it for getting the source, but I am also uploading it to github...
    And I will also make a javaDoc :D

6. Thanks :D
    Do you have any ideas for it?

7. No not really :/

8. Because I have some :D
    - Adding a Mysql backend for configs
    - Adding permission API
    - Adding scoreboard API
    e.t.c :D

9. JamesJ

Supporter

Have you never heard of using a Boolean? Rather than "+" or "-"?

10. If you see the plugins source, you will be able to see, that the + and - are for a short serialization of booleans :)
    Just imagine, if you have tons of booleans, why do you need to use words like true/false instead of +/- for storing their values in configuration?

11. JamesJ

Supporter

Because it's easier for people to understand...

12. It's a new thing for you, because you have never seen that kind of boolean storage before. But now, you see it, and that's all. This simple thing can't cause any problems in understanding the configuration...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I am not looking at the protocol lib license but Spigot API / Bukkit API is still licensed and controlled by the bukkit API,

https://github.com/Bukkit/Bukkit/blob/master/LICENCE.txt

It is very clear, you can't restrict usage or any part of your plugin just like you were given the freedom to use it without restrictions.

14. This part at the top is pretty easy to understand

To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid
    anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights.
    These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if you
    distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
    gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that
    you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the
    source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their
    rights.

EDIT.

It relates to your wording on the first page:

Thats GPL for you if you don't like it don't release it. Sorry

15. Ok, you are right, so I have started to make a custom packet injector instead of using TinyProtocol.

16. Why not just use the same license ?? As the whole point of Tinyprotocol and Protocol lib is so there isn't tons of different libs which server owners have to rely on. Plus it puts the onus on you to update every time minecraft updates.

The problem I see is more personal internally to you , which is natural your thinking why should I allow others to use my code and make money from it, without getting recognition to it. At first it seems different from a normal plugin, than a dev API/LIB but not really server owners make money and us devs don't often get recognition on the server.

The rules are no different here or the premium section in regards to licensing just in the premium section they make it up as and when it suits them lol. Well same in normal resources actually, people will do what they want to do and there is not a lot you can do about it. Use the Spigot/Bukkit API and you have no choice but to use a GPL or one that doesn't have any extra restrictions from the original code, in this case the bukkit API. If you choose to believe the licenses aren't valid then its even worse your then using it illegally. This isn't a new issue been around since minecraft launched.

Just decide your reasoning for doing it and that will help you to decide what to license it under. Remember Spigot itself is coded completely free by MD_5 and Thinkofdeath and the other devs. Without out source code the community wouldn't exist.

Please don't think i am telling you what to do as that's not my intention, it is just to inform you of the situation to allow you to make a balanced decision.

Great plugin/ideas by the way will really help some of the devs.

regards

• Winner Winner x 1