Splitting up the servers or one big server?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by stormzilla89, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hello there I am planning my Hunger Games server currently and I am wondering if I should split the servers up and run many smaller servers connected using bungee or run one large server with different worlds and incorporate the Hunger Games plugin into it? Please help me with this I want to have a low lag network because there is no such thing as no lag. Thanks ahead of time.

2. If you already have a player base, go ahead. Otherwise, no.

3. Would there be a performance boost having smaller servers than one big one? I don't have a player base because the server isn't currently open but once we open we plan on having a few hundred players at least.

4. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Server isn't open?
    No point in splitting up the servers...

5. joehot200

Supporter

It increases performance and decreases community, due to less synced chat, etc.
    I actually like YoFuzzy3's way of doing it - he has a plugin that synchronizes chat, messages, teleports, etc, which really is pretty nice.

6. So you are saying so start with one then if needed add more of them? By if needed, I mean that the server is always full.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

1. Open a server
    2. Gain a player base
    3. See how it goes

Unless your going to do a specific setup with games, no point in doing it so early.

8. Ok thanks for the help and advice good luck with your server too.

• Friendly Friendly x 2