Spoofing coordinates in F3?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by PurrfectMistake_, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Apparently its possible, its requested for my new private plugin, but I have no idea how to do this.. ._.
    Anyone know how??

I was told the plugin "AdminWatch" does this.

2. I'm pretty sure that process is entirely client sided. But if it isn't you would be intercepting packets going from server -> client using a ProtocolLib packet listener, and altering values

3. The client knows the position of itself so it just displays that.. You would have to spoof the coordinates by doing a increase on send, and minusing that increase on receive. And you would have to do that for every packet.. It's probably possible, the amount of work is rather high.

Plus players could potentially figure out how much you are increasing/decreasing and just do it manually.

4. You can show and hide the coordinates using EntityStatus packet with bytes 22 and 23.

http://wiki.vg/Protocol#Entity_Status

It's not really spoofing.. But if hiding true values was the goal this is a more elegant approach for vanilla clients.

5. Why not just use World.setGameRule("reducedDebugInfo", "true")? (if i remember right)

Is there a reason it has to change the coordinates?

6. All it takes is a simple HUD mod like 5zig or labymod to bypass reduced debug info :/

7. search for NoPos plugin here on spigot

8. FormallyMyles

Supporter

As a reminder co-ordinates could still be gotten by a third party mod, but in the end even if you masked all the co-ordinates players would still be able to work out where they are, so I guess this is your best answer.