Spoutcraft alternative

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by coolnickname, May 5, 2015.

1. I know spoutcraft is outdated, but is there no alternative for 1.7/1.8?

2. Alternative;
    Don't use spout and use SPIGOT ;)

Also, what do you need spout for?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. @Latouth
    I know, but i meant: forge mod and bukkit plugin work together and do awesome stuff! like: server side cape, new block/items, better API, basicly you could use the Spout API to extend the Bukkit API with the Forge API, but spout is 1.6.4, and I would like to know if there is a 1.7/1.8 alternative.

4. There was a project similar to this started up - Sponge I think? No idea the status of that project, and the "promised" official modding API would accomplish basically that anyway. Currently I don't think there are any viable alternatives (Spout hardly had anything to make it worth using anyway).

5. @techni, I know about sponge, but that's not what i'm looking for, however it micht be the best i can find. Sponge is not only a forge client side mod, but also a Forge server side mod, so yuo can only Forge mods, or mods from the Sponge API, but not bukkit plugins

6. Well a plugin would be relatively easy to make with an API. The client is a whole different story. But still not impossible using the PMC.

7. @_Cory_ Forge modding is WAY harder then bukkit.

8. Why do you comment to such an old post? And google says it is Planet MineCraft :3

9. Sorry for the bump but SPONGE is what you are looking for!

10. Not really, Sponge is a Forge mod. I wanted a Bukkit plugin.