Suggestion [SSS] Spigot Skript Staff

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by ImOffline, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Are you agree???

1. Yes, it will be cool

10.8%
  2. No, Skrupt iz bahd

89.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What is SSS???
    SSS
    is team that would be responsible for Skript resources because Skript has grown to the biggest Minecraft programming sub-language.
    All that team will must to do:
    •Skripts control
    •Skripts leak control
    •Skripts posting rules control
    •Premium Skripts posting control

Who will be SSS members???
    I'm going to be a Leader(I'm Helper at biggest Skript forum - forums.skunity.com and i have an experience) and invite it's stuff members to join.
    Also there's can be Forum category for Skript with 2-3 sub-categories.

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MiniDigger

Supporter

if you come from skunity why not stay there?
    we are mostly java devs here and over there you have a large skript community. why mix em?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. JamesJ

Supporter

Go back to SkUnity pl0x.

If you're going to make a suggestion for a new staff sub-team, don't put yourself as Leader. That's just a scummy thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Because Spigot is full of skripts and it really need more control.

Whoa, really??? Why not??? If i have enthusiasm - why not to be a Header???

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. JamesJ

Supporter

Then ship all the Skripts off the SkUnity. Where you can control it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I agree. People post paid plugins and alot dont say if its a script if they post a script.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. This thread makes me laugh, a lot. You're effectively barging into out community and saying you are now on the staff team.

I don't really think I even need to take the time to explain how many issues this has; all I can say is this doesn't stand a chance of even being considered.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. The only control they need is to not be posted here tbh

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]

#9 Aerh, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Or you know... Just ban posting skripts in the resource page...
    In my option skripts have no real use, it only should be used if you are a server owner and wants a feature without paying developers as in simple startup scripts or whatever. The skript is problematic because some people went as far as starting to charge for them which is insane, if you can't bother yourself learning one of the easier languages out there, then don't bother making cash from it

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. edited version with caps removed below, original is in athena's quote

i have a better idea
    how about remove the skripts section and just put a link to skunity forums
    report people posting skripts here still
    DONE.

#11 DarkShadic1337, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gawd what is this???? Are you ok? This is just some dumbass thread ;-; So guys we need to make sure nobody steals our Shits, I mean Skripts :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Okay, not trying to be rude, but..

You're like the most quality poster on spigot I've ever seen. All caps was 100% nessecary

And that post you made the other day with just :cool:, wow I'm astonished 10/10

coughsarcasmcough

14. lol

All I'm saying is, a skript team on Spigot? Stupid idea. Just redirect them to skU, done.

Legit all the ideas we could need.

EDIT: Eh, I'll just remove the caps

15. Well tbh I don't really think Spigot needs more to deal with right now. There's still bugs with spigot, Mojang's unexpected updates, hiring new moderators, and last, the piracy, if you've seen the "if your a resource dev read this" thread. They've done nothing about the piracy, and nor will they for awhile, if not ever. See where I'm going?

16. Yeah, that's why I'm saying, just redirect skripts to skUnity...

maybe check if the file uploaded is .sk, and if so, don't allow the upload..
    the only issue then would be .zips and that sk2Jar thing.

17. You wouldn't need to worry. They would most likely never do this, but if you deleted the Skript resource option people simply just wouldn't post Skript, and if they tried to you could just use the report button. Done.

18. [​IMG]

This should be our poster to promote our anti-skript movement lol.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. As an actual stuff staff member of SkUnity, I am going to officially say this is a bad idea.
    1. Why would you propose a team on a Minecraft plugin website that already despises Skript?
    2. Spigot is full of Skripts. Correct. But the majority of those are five liners that anyone can create. Spigot also created a Skript category so "they can filter them out".
    3. Leader? No comment.
    He can't control it, we don't let him.
    I beg to differ. I used to work on a network that was probably more than 95% written in Skript. While I don't want to debate about Java vs. Skript, I will say that Skript does have a real use.

Maybe, Spigot should bring on a resource moderator just for Skript uploads. That moderator would be able to filter out crap uploads (just like they should be doing already with crap Java uploads).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Are you sexist, homophobic and racist? Cause that's also what that poster promotes. Just sayin'.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.