Spigot Stargate Reremake SNAPSHOT-1.0

Respawned classic stargate plugin on bukkitDev

1. Ghost_chu submitted a new resource:

Stargate Reremake - Respawned classic stargate plugin on bukkitDev

Read more about this resource...

2. Awesome, I love you forever for making this working again with Spigot 1.15.1 <3

Just one thing : Do you think you could remove the glass breaking sound when going through a portal ?..

#6 Gimlao, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  3. I had to search how to write new ".gate" files, so here is the default "nether.gate" :
    Code (Text):
    portal-open=NETHER_PORTAL
    portal-closed=AIR
    X=OBSIDIAN
    -=OBSIDIAN

XX
    X..X
    -..-
    X*.X
     XX

I was trying to use this, as we can see in the "Overview" tab, so it was not working :
    Code (Text):
    portal-open=90
    portal-closed=0
    X=49
    -=49

XX
    X..X
    -..-
    X*.X
     XX

4. Some errors in the console :

When going through a portal :
    Code (Text):
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=124, y=4, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=125, y=4, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=125, y=5, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=124, y=5, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=124, y=6, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=125, y=6, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=129, y=4, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=130, y=4, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=130, y=5, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=129, y=5, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=129, y=6, z=-5}
    [03:56:18] [Server thread/ERROR]: POI data mismatch: never registered at BlockPosition{x=130, y=6, z=-5}
    12 lines ... maybe it's about the 12 portal blocks being destroyed after going through a portal ?..

Code (Text):
    [19:51:17 ERROR]: [Stargate] Error loading backup language. There may be missing text ingame
    [19:51:17 ERROR]: Could not save Gate nethergate.gate - plugins\StarGate\gates (Accès refusé)
    It explains why "nethergate.gate" was missing.
    But about the "backup language", it's weird since it's able to create "lang/en.txt" ...

One last thing : after going through the portal, the player view is reversed, if you were looking on the left before going through a portal, you will be looking on the right when teleported.

#8 Gimlao, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. Nolonger support number ID

6. POI: It looks is a Spigot/Mojang bug, i can't fix it.

It explains why "nethergate.gate" was missing.
    But about the "backup language", it's weird since it's able to create "lang/en.txt" ...:
    You no permission access that folder, try chmod.

One last thing : after going through the portal, the player view is reversed, if you were looking on the left before going through a portal, you will be looking on the right when teleported:
    That is design, not a bug.

7. I'm running it on my computer, not online through some FTP, and every plugins is able to create and modify files.
    Even Stargate was able to create its folders and files, except the "nethergate.gate" file, oddly.

And about the player being teleported with a reversed horizontal rotation, it's weird / bad design, if not a bug. xD

[EDIT] It seems that even on an online server, Stargate is the only plugin having some trouble, not able to create "nethergate.gate" + the other error about the "backup language" (?) ...
    Code (Text):
    [15:17:03] [Server thread/ERROR]: [Stargate] Error loading backup language. There may be missing text ingame
    [15:17:03] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not save Gate nethergate.gate - plugins/StarGate/gates (est un dossier)

#11 Gimlao, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  8. This is still being worked on, right? :p

9. Hope you keep at it; this was my favorite plugin back in the day.

Anyone get custom gates to work? Tried the new layout posted previously and saved as 'nether.gate,' but I'm not sure how to actually tell the plugin I want to use that particular style of gate.

Edit: Alternatively, is it possible to edit the .jar itself to change the portal material to water? Main reason for wanting to do this is to avoid stargates spawning pigmen.

#13 Sechesin, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  10. You can create a "water.gate" file like this, for example :
    Code (Text):
    portal-open=WATER
    portal-closed=AIR
    X=OBSIDIAN
    -=OBSIDIAN

X...X
    -...-
    X.*.X

11. Thanks, was a bit confused; didn't realize individual gate setups had to be different from one another and was just making multiple copies of the default file and changing the portal material only. Thought what determined resulting gate type was some unmentioned modifier to line 4 ingame.

12. Hi there ,
    thank you for continuing the plugin.
    I used it years ago and I think it's great that it works again.
    I wanted to ask if you are currently working on the problem with the Nether.portal file, unfortunately I can not use my old .Gate as long as the plugin does not recognize it

13. I'm beginning to become a little concerned that this plugin has fallen off the radar, as there hasn't been so much as a bug-fix or thread reply since January and we're half-way into March now.

I would really like to use this plugin but if there isn't going to be proper activity with it I can't in good conscience consider to do so.

14. nether.portal now have new format, name based id is required, check for example.

15. Thanks for creating this plugin!
    Our server machine died last year and I've finally got around to trying to update the server (since it has 10+ years of builds).
    Updating from 1.7.4, which was actually not that big a deal except we used the stargate plugin as our primary mode of travelling long distances.
    I'd actually resigned myself to writing the plugin from scratch, only to discover this update, and I got it working just now (Only thing was changing player names to UUIDs in the world.db file.

So, firstly: Many thanks, I am greatly indebted to you for your effort!

Secondly: What (to your knowledge) remains to be done, or is bugged?