Start server with ingame command.

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by CoreTech, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Hello,
    I am trying to start servers with an ingame command.
    Like Minehut does.
    No i am not making a server host i would just like to be able to scale servers for the online users.
    Does anyone know if there is a plugin or standalone program that can do this?
    Thank you,
    CoreTech

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anyone have any ideas?
    It's nearly been 24h

3. Well, you cannot run commands while the server is not powered on. Minehut uses the command to trigget the start script for the server. What you can do is creating a keybind or what ever you want to make the server start and then make it trigger your start script for the server.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. A plugin such as SubServers could be used on one (not sure if it supports multiple) proxies.

5. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

There are several plugins out there that can do this. For starters, SubServers can do this (sniped by Brett) which runs on your BungeeCord server to deploy instances which requires the Spigot plugin to be installed (haven't used it in a while, maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, who knows?) - And then you have CloudNet which is an entirely separate entity (I think?) which acts accordingly to start a Proxy and any instances below that, so you don't need to restart the proxy and have issues with the sub-servers interfacing with the restarted plugin.

There's several more out there, but these are to name a few -- I'm also developing one of my own, using information I've learned from @Phineas' old Pendeploy plugin (which I still would like to take over, Mods) -- to automate the deployment of servers using the templates that could be stored on a Gitlab instance and deployed as required.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea, so there must be an already running server instance then. But that's probably the way minhut does it.

7. @Phineas' old Pendeploy plugin (which I still would like to take over, Mods) -- to automate the deployment of servers using the templates that could be stored on a Gitlab instance and deployed as required.[/QUOTE]
    What is this plugins name? I would like to use it...
    Can you describe to me how to do how Minehut does it?

8. Finding the documentation on SubServers 2 to not be enough. Then CloudNet v3 documentation is too confusing.
    Can someone help?

9. TheJavaHacker

Supporter

As I said, his plugin is called Pendeploy, however it has been deleted due to inactivity.