Strange issue with 1.4.6 and Chests

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Jigsaw, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Jigsaw

Supporter

So, I updated to 1.4.6 and I am using Spigot #353. I have a very strange bug with chests (I think only double chests) that seems to be happening on rare occasions. After the update when a player opened his chest the bottom half of the blocks disappeared and an error was printed to the console. This doesn't happen to all chests and it seems to only happen one time if it does happen to a chest. After the chest bugs out one time it cannot be reproduced and it works fine. Anyone see this error or know how to fix it?

Here are some of the errors:
    Code (Text):
        Line 49345: 2012-12-23 14:38:28 [SEVERE] Block at -1213,86,2977 is CHEST but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
        Line 49396: 2012-12-23 14:39:12 [SEVERE] Block at 3724,53,-3403 is CHEST but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
        Line 49530: 2012-12-23 14:41:08 [SEVERE] Block at -618,58,608 is CHEST but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
        Line 49801: 2012-12-23 14:45:16 [SEVERE] Block at 5256,43,-5563 is CHEST but has null. Bukkit will attempt to fix this, but there may be additional damage that we cannot recover.
    Plugins:
    Code (Text):
    WorldBorder            : 1.6.0
    Orebfuscator            : 1.8.1
    bPermissions            : 2.9.24
    Minequery              : 1.5
    WorldEdit              : 1-c7cc1de
    PetitionPlugin          : 1.4
    StaffChat              : 1.3
    Buycraft                : 4.7
    Vault                  : 1.2.20-b264
    LogBlockQuestioner      : 0.02
    Multiverse-Core        : 2.4-b527
    CombatTag              : 5.4
    Wither                  : 2.0
    LogBlock                : 1.61
    LWC                    : 4.3.1
    WorldGuard              : 747-e3dfc6a
    mChatSuite              : 1.3.2-b287jnks-R1.0
    MutinyVote              : 1.1
    AntiBuild              : 2.0
    bPermsRank              : 1.9
    ChestShop              : 3.50t0038
    Votifier                : 1.9
    MobArena                : 0.94.4.90
    mcMMO                  : 1.3.12-b1062
    AutoAnnouncer          : 1.7-03.23
    Essentials              : 2.9.6
    Factions                : 1.6.9.4
    SimpleRegionMarket      : 3.0
    LagMeter                : 1.10.0
    Jobs                    : 2.8.5
    EssentialsSpawn        : 2.9.6
    Multiverse-Portals      : 2.4-b548
    VanishNoPacket          : 3.14.2
    Multiverse-NetherPortals: 2.4-b529
    MonsterIRC              : 1.73
    CompatNoCheatPlus      : 6.3.6-b29
    NoCheatPlus            : 3.8.7-beta-b294

#1 Jigsaw, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. I believe this is a 1.4.5 / 1.4.6 issue. I also have seen this and my players have reported this on 1.4.5 Spigot.

It must be some comment of Spigot that could cause this.

3. Puremin0rez

Yeah this is printed in console quite often, it doesn't only happen with chests though, i've seen it say MOB_SPAWNER and SIGN_TILE or something like that before too.

It doesn't seem to cause any harm for me though, This started happening in 1.4.5.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

Its just normal CraftBukkit trying to compare misplaced blocks.

5. Jigsaw

Supporter

Have you seen it happen to the same block/sign/spawner before? As far as I can see it, once it happens to a block it wont ever happen again. If that is the case I don't mind letting it "work itself out". If it starts happening more and more this would be a serious problem as it is affecting player's chest inventories.
    Is there a reason it would have just started happening? As far back as I can remember I haven't seen this error before 1.4.6. Does it have to do with the changes they made in the directions recently? I didn't actually use a build with that commit until I updated to 1.4.6 as the build of 1.4.5 I was using didn't have that commit in it.

6. This is only happening to chests. It is not happening on any other blocks. It wasnt happening before the massive NMS break (#289) but it certainly happening on builds afterwards.

7. I saw a similar thing happen with signs a while back but it was fixed through lwc dev builds, not sure if the issues are related.

8. Issue doesn't seem related to LWC tbh... talked to @Hidendra

9. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

My servers been full all day, and we use LWC and Build #362 and I have never seen this message in console.

10. Ctrl+f some older logs and see if its been apparent? maybe it was fixed in latest?

11. Jigsaw

Supporter

Out of curiosity, which build of LWC are you using? I am using version 4.3.1 b797.

Edit: Trying Spigot #362 in the off chance it makes a difference. I will report back.

Edit 2: Still happening with Spigot #362. Now I'm curious to know the LWC versions people are using.

#11 Jigsaw, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  12. Puremin0rez

I'm using 797 too

13. Jigsaw

Supporter

I am going to switch back to LWC 4.3.1 b767 (the release build on BukkitDev). According to Hidendra it works just fine with 1.4.6. It may be an issue with a dev build of LWC. I will report back.

14. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

Been using LWC 4.3.1 b767 since updating to 1.4.6 and it's been working fine :)

15. Jigsaw

Supporter

I have been using LWC 4.3.1 b767 for about an hour now and I haven't gotten any of the errors again. It looks to be an LWC issue with the latest dev builds. Since SpaZMonKeY777 confirmed that it was working fine for him and I can confirm I haven't received any errors (as of yet) this has to be the cause.

I recommend at least trying b767 of LWC to see if that fixes it. I will report back if I see any more errors. If not, I will submit a ticket on the LWC bug tracker.

Thanks for the info. :)

16. Jigsaw

Supporter

As of right now, you were correct. :p

17. I'll test to revert as well - very strange that NON-LWC chests are having the same issue.

18. Jigsaw

Supporter

The only thing I changed is the LWC version and it seemed to go away. I have been running for 4 hours with none of these errors popping up. It may just be a complete fluke that it is fixed now, but it appears to be an LWC issue. I will report back in the morning with any errors I have through the night.

19. Puremin0rez

Yeah you're right, it was around the same time I updated my LWC... it also makes sense becuse I allow people to LWC protect mob spawners and signs - which is what I was also seeing.

I was assuming LWC needed to be updated for 1.4.6 because I thought Hindera mentioned using NMS in LWC for something minor.