1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

string too big

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by FabFox, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Hi,
    Some players have a problem on my server. When they connect on my server, they are kicked out of the server and they get this error:
    io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: String too big (was 32814 bytes encoded, max 32767)

Could you help me fix this error?

2. Yes, people have placed glitched signs on your server (using a modded client), I can't find the thread so I'll explain here. You need to update your spigot to 1.8.7 to prevent more signs being created that cause these crashes.

Then you need to teleport near the signs (at least 200 blocks away) using the tppos command. To find out the rough coordinates of the signs type /seen (username) to see the crashed players logout location; the sign will be close to their logout location.

Then use /tppos to to teleport near the area, as I said ensure you are at least 200 blocks out to stop yourself from crashing. Then use //replacenear 200 signs 0 to replace the signs with air (worldedit). This should remove the glitched signs and allow the players to log back on.

3. Someone wrote a Skript to fix this issue, As a temporary fix if you don't want to update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The bug is fix. Thanks MrBorox!

• Like Like x 1