Suggestion Suggest Searching to Users Creating A New Post

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by View, Mar 30, 2020.

1. 'ello Spigoteers!

Time and time again, I see users creating new posts asking questions that have been answered before. Specifically, in the Spigot Plugin Development section. What I am suggesting is a little banner above the `Thread Title` field that suggests users to search first. Perhaps, this will only be visible to new users that don't reach a certain post threshold. The Spigot Forum has served as a handy database for questions, however it is progressively taking longer to find the answer to specific questions as you have to filter through similar threads with poor answers.

In turn, maybe users who have been on the forum for an extended period of time can have the ability to mark thread replies as "Sufficient" etc. so searchers won't have trouble finding what they're looking for either.

These are my two cents, thanks for reading.
    Stay indoors. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Choco

Can't say no to this. I agree. It may at least prevent a few common threads. So long as you're aware that it's more than likely people will ignore a notice such as this anyways.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GitHub started doing this a while back, I liked the way they did it before, there's a big banner with four issues it thinks might be similar to yours. Now they hid it under a menu next to the submit button, but it's still there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Mc-market added this and it works amazingly.
    I think it would be a nice addition

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Something similar to stackoverflow's implementation would be nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I liked the way they did it before, there's a big banner with four issues it thinks might be similar to yours. Now they hid it under a menu next to the submit button, but it's still there.

7. What you doin'?